Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
18,232 Posts
It appears to me that the narrowest cable is centered... the cables (one medium, one larger) are on either side of the middle cable.... so it does look "off" if one is looking for symmetry.
The larger cable is continued up on the model's right shoulder but does not appear to have a matching one on her left... but the picture is hard to see anything on the left side.
If you are really attracted to it, I would recommend that you get in touch with Elite yarns or the designer and ask questions before buying the pattern or yarn for it.
It is a pattern that is marked as published August 2016 so I think finding someone who has actually done it will be iffy.

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
I went back and looked at the one project's photos. On the second page, the last 2 photos show the real story - totally wonky. The cables go A, B, A, x. x being just knitting leaving an off balanced pattern. I would not be comfortable with it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking closer I think one sleeve has a pattern, and one doesn't. That won't work for me. The grandkids ask for sox that don't match and I have a hard time with that. I don't think I can handle sleeves that don't match.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
I actually like it cause it is a bit different!!!

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
I couldn't discern your criticism at first but once I had stared at the picture thinking WHAT is she talking about it suddenly became clear that the center cable is the smaller one between two wider cable sections and it looks wonky because the left section has detailed cables whereas the right has a big wide one that is empty of detail.

I think if its picture looks wonky it'll look wonky on the wearer and not risk the time and money although you could always knit your own design on the right, maybe duplicate the left design if the stitch count matches.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I have to agree with tatesgirl. I absolutely love cables but this pattern, I think, is someone's effort at creating a more modern version. I don't like it at all...it is wonky looking and I think it would just look odd on anyone. If you want a more modern cable knit sweater...update the cables themselves in a new, more exciting way but not like this...it's too strange! I just wouldn't spend my time and money on this one.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The hem is also offset. When I saw this a few days ago, I thought it looked like a bunch of mistakes that should have been fixed. I didn't mind the asymetry of the cables but the hemline combined with the asymetry really bugged me.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom