Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had this book of picture knits back in 1980/1990. It had a little boy wearing the dinosaur sweater on the front cover. If memory serves me well, the colours were purple and green. The scales were triangles knit and sewn on separately. Believe the yarn was Sayelle. Another pattern in the book was a giraffe sweater, the giraffe strated at the front of the sweater and continued on to the back, knitted in light blue and light brown with fringes for the tail and mane. I think the booklet might have been called Picture Knits. Anyone remember having this, keep looking in thrift stores, just in case.
Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link, might consider if I cannot find the original design, it was the sweater rather than a cardigan that I was looking for though. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
frostyfranny said:
I have this book somewhere but it's hiding at the moment. Will keep looking and let you have the details when it surfaces.
Fran
Thanks so much! I think the actual colour of the sweater is a pale yellow? I know it had the green and purple too, it was so cute when it was done, got so many compliments on it as well as the giraffe sweater that's also in the book. I made both for my daughter as well as a My Little Pony that was a pattern in Womans Weekly, am kicking myself that I didn't have the foresight to keep the patterns...BTW, I am originally from England too! Thanks a million!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the dinosaur pattern booklet, Beehive Knit Menagerie, #495. I also have the over the shoulder giraffe pattern booklet, Patons On Safari, #520. I'm new to this website so am not sure how to send copies of these patterns. Please let me know.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Zara said:
frostyfranny said:
I have this book somewhere but it's hiding at the moment. Will keep looking and let you have the details when it surfaces.
Fran
Thanks so much! I think the actual colour of the sweater is a pale yellow? I know it had the green and purple too, it was so cute when it was done, got so many compliments on it as well as the giraffe sweater that's also in the book. I made both for my daughter as well as a My Little Pony that was a pattern in Womans Weekly, am kicking myself that I didn't have the foresight to keep the patterns...BTW, I am originally from England too! Thanks a million!
I have a pattern for a Dinosour that is yellow taken from i think the Womans Weekly not sure if it is what you want. If you PM me with you email address i will send it to you along with another Dinosour one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom