Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve felted before but this is a a a , I don’t know what you would call it maybe failure 😨

First time using Patons classic worsted wool ugh 🤦🏻‍♀️

Used women’s felted slipper pattern

Size 8/9

Double stranded

Size us11 circ

After two hours of trying to felt I gave up , they stretched out to 18” length and barely 😰 felted .

Now to get busy and knit my DIL some regular slippers she can actually use .

Attachments

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
targa416 said:
Sorry that happened to you. I wonder if you got a skein with an incorrect label; I believe there's a Superwash version of the DK weight Patons Classic Wool.
I did not know there was a super wash dk by Patons , but both of my labels say classic worsted weight yarn #4 .

I'm going to see if there is a way to test the yarn for results .

Thank you ????

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MMWRay said:
Something is wrong here with your felting technique or your particular skein of yarn. I have felted this yarn numerous times and it does great.
I just did the burn test and it was not wool , my two skeins of Patons were mislabeled.

My felting technique has been the same every time I felt . I'll be more careful next time.

·
Registered
6,724 Posts
Virginiamartinez said:
I just did the burn test and it was not wool , my two skeins of Patons were mislabeled.

My felting technique has been the same every time I felt . I'll be more careful next time.
Wow. Was it in your stash for a while, or newly purchased?

·
Registered
12,462 Posts
Virginiamartinez said:

There is Patons Acrylic in worsted weight. You have to read the Classic Wool on the label for it to work.

·
Registered
20,494 Posts
I would contact Patons, and tell them about the mislabeling, and see if they offer to replace, if need be send them the pic of the slippers.
You paid for something you did not get.

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
Virginiamartinez said:
I did not know there was a super wash dk by Patons , but both of my labels say classic worsted weight yarn #4 .

I'm going to see if there is a way to test the yarn for results .

Thank you ????
But is there a description of the yarn....acrylic or wool???

·
Registered
9,109 Posts
MMWRay said:
Something is wrong here with your felting technique or your particular skein of yarn. I have felted this yarn numerous times and it does great.
Same here. Did you use hot water in the washer when you felted and put something else in to agitate, such as an old pair of jeans or a towel? Paton's Classic 100% Wool is great for felting.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Runner Girl said:
Same here. Did you use hot water in the washer when you felted and put something else in to agitate, such as an old pair of jeans or a towel? Paton's Classic 100% Wool is great for felting.
Of course I used HOT water and yes I threw in towels .

That's why I used Patons Classic worsted wool b/c it is great for felting !!!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
fortunate1 said:
I would contact Patons, and tell them about the mislabeling, and see if they offer to replace, if need be send them the pic of the slippers.
You paid for something you did not get.
Yes ma'm I did that . I just wanted them to know . If they offer to replace that's a plus .

Thank you for your respect

Blessings

Safe Thanksgiving

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom