Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG. I started a poncho for my 16 year old grandaughter, she asked me if I would make one should I ever be bored? (me bored?) So I texted her back and asked her what color? Miss M. lives in Ct. I live in Florida. She told me "hot pink" she picked out a plain poncho but with 2 cables on the pattern, and asked if I could put a contrasting fuzzy yarn in with the main yarn. I sent her pictures of what I had, so she picked "orange" ???
I had 3 skeins , 4 0z. each, and 65 yards in each skeins. Should be enough , after all it will only be used in the cable stitches, right?... Wrong!
I finished the front, and used 90% of 2 skeins, now I have to do the back, and I have one skein left.
my email address is :p[email protected] Thanks Marie
I went back to where I had purchased the "KNITTING FUZZY FUR" (Big Lot) a year or so ago, and of course, none left. I went to several "Big Lots" and none at either places. so I'm hoping that one of you knitters will see this, and look at the picture of the Poncho, and realize you happen to have this particular yarn and exact color? the skue number is 4176901604, RN 17730, and the color is tangerine, it is a fine , fine yarn (nylon) and very fuzzy, and soft. If you can help me, please let me know, I would be more then thrilled to buy a skein from you, so ladies, does this look familiar?

Attachments

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PS, THAT is not my grandaughter modeling the front of the poncho, it is my very big porcelain doll 4feet tall, which I made when I lived in Connecticut, and taught doll making. She is shorter them my Mally, but models nicely. Marie

·
Registered
9,462 Posts
That yarn was sold at Target stores in their dollar section. It was only there for a short time, did not sell as well as they hoped, so they stopped carrying it. Big Lots will buy up stuff like that and sell it cheap. I have learned that if you find it at Big Lots today, it probably will not be there tomorrow. Having said that, I was a Big Lots last week and bought a bunch of Lion Brand baby yarn for $1 per skein. It takes about 4 of them for a blanket. Most of them were labelless, the manager saw me looking at them, the ones with labels were $2.50 each, he told me if I bought the box (24 total) I could have them all at $1 each! Now to find some people having babies...

·
Registered
21,210 Posts
Hi Marie, There is a group of ladies having a yarn swap. Perhaps one of them can help you. I also have been caught short. Then if you buy the "one" more. you end up not using it. Hence the stash we all have.
Good Luck, I know my Job Lot doesn't have that rigth now,
Linda

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is so cool, good for you, I sometimes have that kind of luck, but not often. :roll: ... I will keep on looking and hopefully by the time I divide my last remaining skein in half, and keep knitting until I run out, by then, I might just get lucky... Marie

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OMG.. I GOT IT, THERE WAS AN ADD WITH EXACTLY THE SKEIN COLOR I'M LOOKING FOR, AND I GOT IN TOUCH WITH THE SALES PERSON, AND WE ARRANGED TO MAKE THE DEAL. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP. OMG... I'M SO RELIEVED.... THANK YOU , THANK YOU, THANK YOU...MARIE

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LADIES. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP, I FOUND THE SKEIN I NEED TO FINISH THE PONCHO FOR MY GRANDAUGHTER, THANKS TO THIS FORUM I AM A VERY HAPPY LADY RIGHT ABOUT NOW.. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR RESPONSES, AND GOD BLESS,,, MARIE

·
Registered
21,210 Posts
So happy for you. I know the panic trying to figure what to do.
ALL's well that ends well.
Hope your Granddaughter loves the poncho
Linda

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Congratulations! Something like that can take up your whole life, especially if it is for your beloved granddaughter. It is beautiful. Growing up, we were kept from using wonderful color combinations. Now we can!

Carolyn

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Congratulations! Something like that can take up your whole life, especially if it is for your beloved granddaughter. It is beautiful. Growing up, we were kept from using wonderful color combinations. Now we can!

Carolyn

·
Registered
512 Posts
I'm one to never follow the pattern all the way. Could you not put the cable in the other side and make it asymmetrical? That would really accent the cables one the one side.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom