Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
41,373 Posts
Great clothes. All the colors are great and the heart is just right for a little Valentine. The scarf is great... hoe you van reclaim it.... Is that the sequin yarn? Is that the one that is not colorfast? I can't imagine the cotton being runny. In any case, a soak in water with a little vinegar will set the color. I through in a little salt as well. Red is almost guaranteed to run.... Keep doing this till there is no red when pressed with a white paper towel. then rinse well.....

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dreamweaver said:
Great clothes. All the colors are great and the heart is just right for a little Valentine. The scarf is great... hoe you van reclaim it.... Is that the sequin yarn? Is that the one that is not colorfast? I can't imagine the cotton being runny. In any case, a soak in water with a little vinegar will set the color. I through in a little salt as well. Red is almost guaranteed to run.... Keep doing this till there is no red when pressed with a white paper towel. then rinse well.....
No the scarf isn't sequin. It has little specks of yarn throughout it. My son calls it his pretty. The red, white, and blue dishcloth ran. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hi, Dreamweaver! Thanks for hints on setting colors. I just started knitting washcloths. And being a novice I hadn't thought about an additional step of setting colors. I will be sure to do that before the intended gifting. lol

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Very nice work!!! I make the dishcloths also and have found that the red's and dark greens bleed more than the other colors. Thanks for the tip on color setting, I will do this before I gift for sure! Love the scarf, my roomie had me make her a Barbie blanket out of the sequin yarn, she collects Barbies and stages them when friends are coming over, they have such fun reliving childhood memories!!

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Dreamweaver said:
Thanks for the tip. Most of my colors in dish cloths run. I have never known how to fix it.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom