Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have so many pattern saved on my Favorites and different knitting website, so, they are everywhere, when comes to the time to do a new project, I am at a lost as where do I start? Do you all keep a separate list indicate which project to do next and where to find it?

·
Banned
23,386 Posts
I use to....
But I found out that my mood changes--that the list became obsolete.
So now when I am ready to start another project, I just start looking to find one or two that strikes my fancy at the time.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I go in "shifts"....I get stuck on scarfs and make dozens. Then cowls. I am stuck on hats now. I have "larger" projects going at the same time, but love the fast way I can finish the smaller items.

·
Registered
12,389 Posts
I'm a list maker but not for my Knitting because I'm learning all the time my binders are bulging. lol I usually have a small project going and God forgive me now I have 2 on the needles the small project was a real fast decision to do something for a swap present.A list no just get crazy with all the things I want to try.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I have a folder on my favorites where i save patterns I like, but I am like some of the others in that my moods dictstes what I want to make, so I usually just go to one of the websites to look for patterns when I am ready to start a new project.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have some patterns saved to look at when I need new ideas. I would not say that I have a list. Making a list would take the fun out of it for me. I am so high strung most of the time, that this is the one area in my life that I keep very very relaxed.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
what I ought to do is make a list of my plans for the yarn I buy..before I forget..just got 9 ( 50) grams balls of some WW from knit picks..have no idea what for..think it might have just been a sale item..also think I am short a ball, but they only charged me for 9..my DH spotted it and declared he liked it better for a sweater plan than what I had bought..but its 100% wool and the plan was for silk blends...and its not enough...argh!

·
Registered
23,691 Posts
I get lost in all my 'want to do some day' projects, but I do tend to think about my next project or 2 ahead of time. I just wish they all were organized better.. Some I forget all about until someone else brings up the same subject.. then I think Oh yeah I wanted to do that... I think I need to make it a priority to get them in order...

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I've about put my printer on fire with all my "list" things. I print a pattern and just put it into a folder I keep on my desk. When I need something to do I open that folder and find at least 3 things every time.

I have to say, everyone here is so gracious and sharing when it comes to pattern ideas, searches and requests!

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
I have spent an hour looking at pininterest.com. What a great web site that is.. Have gotten a couple of recipes plus a couple of patterns for a knitting needle roll.. Love that site. Thanks much for advertising it.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
We spend three months in AZ so I don't have a large stash here. I usually bring yarn from my stash at home so it sort of forces me to work on those projects. Last year I finally finished a sweater that I had shipped the yarn for back and forth four times! I have yarn for two sweaters, a scarf, a shawl and two pairs of socks. I've finished the socks.

Of course, all of this assumes that I won't go to a LYS and buy more yarn.

·
Registered
6,479 Posts
At some point, we have to start MAKING those items on our "To Do" list!!! When something really "speaks to me", it goes immediately into my 1" 3-ring binder of "To Do" patterns! (It's important to get started immediately while we're excited). Then I look for yarn from my stash to get something started. It's always exciting to try something new, and SO rewarding when it turns out well.

My question is: if you aren't knitting from To Do patterns, what ARE you kntting? I'm guessing it's the same thing you're always knitting...and you won't grow and become excited about your craft until you start creating new things.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Homeshppr said:
At some point, we have to start MAKING those items on our "To Do" list!!! When something really "speaks to me", it goes immediately into my 1" 3-ring binder of "To Do" patterns! (It's important to get started immediately while we're excited). Then I look for yarn from my stash to get something started. It's always exciting to try something new, and SO rewarding when it turns out well.

My question is: if you aren't knitting from To Do patterns, what ARE you kntting? I'm guessing it's the same thing you're always knitting...and you won't grow and become excited about your craft until you start creating new things.
Homeshppr you just cracked me up. I have a 1" binder with "to do" patterns I have printed off to do. Only problem is is I have overwhelmed myself with all the baby things I have to do out of it and Christmas gifts to make. I do make that attempt to make what is in my to do 1" binder and have gotten some things made out of it. I just keep looking at all the things people make here on KP and say "Oh Oh I love that. Gotta print it offf and put it in my to do binder. LOL!!!!! It is bursting at the seams right now though. I am constantly knitting but not getting it all accomplished out of my binder. :-( :roll:

·
Registered
861 Posts
I have a 3 inch binder filled with patterns I want to make. Unfortunately, once I bought the yarns I wanted for some of them you would think I matched the yarn to the pattern for future use..... no, just would get distracted and use up the yarn for another project.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom