Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yarn - what type? Wool, alpaca.
Knitting needle - what type? Wood, plated nickel.

Learn to knit is away of help me to recover after an accident 07/04/2012
And loving it , by the way this is the third time I have ago. When something l love to do I will study it or find as much information l can.
Every enjoy reading KP forum . Particular from Jessica-Jean post :thumbup:
Today is my birthday. Mature wine test nicer.
Aussie date 17/11/0000
America date 11/17/0000

·
Registered
558 Posts
:thumbup: :thumbup: Happy birthday and happy knitting. Hope you are on the good side now, I'm pretty new to this site and I love it. So much help available and I agree Jessica Jean is a fount of knowledge.

·
Premium Member
81,058 Posts
Yarn - what type? Any fibre I can wrap around my knitting needles, though I haven't tried wire ... yet.

Knitting needle - what type? Any material, the pointer the better. Favourite? Despite owning a assortment of knitting needles spanning the last eight decades, I find myself returning to the anodized aluminium Boyes of my childhood purchases. Lately, I try to use anything but metal in winter. My hands get so cold, I have to sit on them (or coax a cat to do so) to get them warm enough to continue! (Yes, the house is heated.)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AND MANY HAPPY RETURNS!!

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Happy birthday and welcome to KP.
I haven't long joined but this is a great site and with a lot you can learn and get advise etc on ;)

I knit with most yarns,the only yarn I haven't really dabbled in yet is 2 ply but that will soon be on the list of to-do's for me.
I prefer metal needles but as I am getting arthritis in my hands will probably have to change that in the future.I do have bamboo needles I use occasionally too ;)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Jessica-Jean said:
Yarn - what type? Any fibre I can wrap around my knitting needles, though I haven't tried wire ... yet.

Knitting needle - what type? Any material, the pointer the better. Favourite? Despite owning a assortment of knitting needles spanning the last eight decades, I find myself returning to the anodized aluminium Boyes of my childhood purchases. Lately, I try to use anything but metal in winter. My hands get so cold, I have to sit on them (or coax a cat to do so) to get them warm enough to continue! (Yes, the house is heated.)

I sometimes keep a warm hot water bottle with a cosy cover nearby and slip my hands inside every now and then when they're cold. Works a treat

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AND MANY HAPPY RETURNS!!

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
Happy Birthday! Best wishes for the coming year and your recovery.
I like bamboo needles. I still comsider myself a learner and appreciate that they aren't too slippery. And yarns - mostly wool or cottons since I've pretty much stuck to smaller projects so far. Enjoy your knitting!

·
Registered
880 Posts
Wai Lan said:
Yarn - what type? Wool, alpaca.
Knitting needle - what type? Wood, plated nickel.

Learn to knit is away of help me to recover after an accident 07/04/2012
And loving it , by the way this is the third time I have ago. When something l love to do I will study it or find as much information l can.
Every enjoy reading KP forum . Particular from Jessica-Jean post :thumbup:
Today is my birthday. Mature wine test nicer.
Aussie date 17/11/0000
America date 11/17/0000
happy Happy Birthday!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Happy Birthday Wei Lan, from Arizona, USA. Glad you have found knitting to be helpful in your recovery from an accident. My favorite needles are carbon fiber knitting needles; they feel like wood, but are made of steel. Unfortunately, they were very expensive, nearly $38 for the set of double points. My favorite fiber to knit with is alpaca, because of the softness. I also spin and enjoy blending alpaca with other fibers. I always look forward to seeing Jessica-Jean's posts as well. Enjoy your special day and have a glass of good wine to celebrate.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Yarn? Chunky- most any kind, because it knits up faster! Needles? Bamboo are my favorite, but if i'm using a finer yarn I must use something else. I, too, am new to knitting, but I love it, and keep trying! I also really feel drawn to Jessica- Jean, don' t really know why though! HA HA! Hope your birthday is Wonderful, and your recovery is complete!

·
Registered
85 Posts
My favorite yarn is don't have one. I like all yarn I have knitted or crocheted with so far. Some I prefer over others.

My favorite needles are Addi lace. I can not use the 00-4 US size needles because they are brass. My hands and whatever I am knitting turns black.

Jessica-Jean is one my favorite posters on KP. She is kind and encouraging and doesn't post mean things. She has lots wisdom and knowledge and always helpful.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom