Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
That looks like the basketweave stitch with a seed stitch border. I've made several. I got the pattern on Lion Brand web site. It was a free pattern. It's called Twin Lakes Blankie. It calls for two strands of yarn held together but I just used one strand of worsted weight yarn and it came out great. Good luck

·
Registered
9,165 Posts
Yes, it is a basketweave pattern and one of the easiest ways to do this is with 4x4" squares with a seed stitch border...top, bottom and sides. The 4x4" square represents the gauge for the yarn depending on the type of yarn and needle size. Just remember to use stitch markers to separate the squares otherwise you are constantly counting. And don't forget the row counters.

As an example with chunky yarn, #10 needle with 16 stitches x 20 rows = 4"x4" square, plus 6 stitches each side for border = 12 stitches + however many stitches you want to make a 32+" wide blanket. Now you do the math: 8 squares x 16 stitches = 128 sts + 12 sts for border = 140 stitches total.

Now start knitting.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom