Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts

· Super Moderator
Name on Ravelry: JessicaJean, no hyphen, no space.
90,457 Posts
Were I in your situation, I would get out graph paper (loads leftover from my and my kids’ schooldays!) and ever so slowly, tink back row-by-row noting every stitch. Not a swift solution, but probably faster than hoping someone recognizes it.

· Registered
12,231 Posts
You might have to read your stitches to reconstruct your pattern. A missing pattern is the worst problem with unfinished projects (or misplacing the rest of the yarn you need).
That was going to be my suggestion. The lace strip would be the hardest part, you may need to tink back and write it down as you go. Hopefully you'll find the pattern. Best wishes.

Love the colour. 😊

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Were I in your situation, I would get out graph paper (loads leftover from my and my kids’ schooldays!) and ever so slowly, tink back row-by-row noting every stitch. Not a swift solution, but probably faster than hoping someone recognizes it.
That was what I was thinking but really hoping to avoid!! Thanks!

· Registered
520 Posts
It is very similar to a scarf I knit, designed by Lois J. Long. It was a freebie on Debbie Macomber's website many years ago. It was my first cable knit. You can find it on Ravelry.
It is called Cedar Cove Days knit scarf.
Rectangle Textile Sleeve Beige Art
Rectangle Textile Sleeve Beige Art

· Registered
16,121 Posts
You scarf is so beautifully knit that it would be worth following the suggestions posted to write out the pattern by unknitting a few rows. If it were me, I'd say a prayer to St. Anthony to help me find the pattern, then do an extensive search through the house. Good luck!

· Registered
6,366 Posts
It is very similar to a scarf I knit, designed by Lois J. Long. It was a freebie on Debbie Macomber's website many years ago. It was my first cable knit. You can find it on Ravelry.
It is called Cedar Cove Days knit scarf. View attachment 1278686 View attachment 1278686
[/QU
There is some info on Ravelry, but not enough to do any good. It says that it was in a Leisure Arts publication, that is no longer available. I looked in Debbie Macomber's website and looked through all the pages of her patterns and it is not there either. Hopefully someone has a printed copy that they can share. Or a copy of the old magazine. I did not check to see if it could be found on the Wayback Machine. I also can't remember if the pattern was included in the Cedar Cove book as it has been too many years since I read it, and when I got done with it I passed it along to someone else.

· Registered
5,649 Posts
There is some info on Ravelry, but not enough to do any good. It says that it was in a Leisure Arts publication, that is no longer available. I looked in Debbie Macomber's website and looked through all the pages of her patterns and it is not there either. Hopefully someone has a printed copy that they can share. Or a copy of the old magazine. I did not check to see if it could be found on the Wayback Machine. I also can't remember if the pattern was included in the Cedar Cove book as it has been too many years since I read it, and when I got done with it I passed it along to someone else.
I think this is the Leisure Arts publication, available used for about $6.
I didn’t check eBay or Etsy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top Bottom