Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I often use the Show Unread Only link. When having gone through the list, I may click back to the Show Read and Unread link, then right back to the Show Unread Only to get a refreshed list.

Point: quite often, there are additional messages at the bottom of the list that seem to have been missed the first time the list was built. I'm not sure, but perhaps this is occurring when the list shows that there are 2 pages. When you go to page 2, it is blank of messages. Go back and refresh the Show Unread Only listing and there are a few more older unread msgs that show up.

Could a few of you test this off and on -- (does the same for you; intermittent or consistent)?

If you'd let me know (here or PM), I will report it to Admin so the tech people can look at the behavior.

·
Registered
18,232 Posts
I do use this... and go back and forth. Have noted no real problems. When I "mark all as read" it also marks ones where there are new posts, not just new topics that I haven't opened.
Not a big deal once I realized that. Is your internet connection fast and consistent? Just an idea....

·
Registered
27,122 Posts
For me it works the same way it always has. I also go back and forth between read and unread to make sure I do not miss any earth shaking information.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Four additional msgs at the bottom of the refreshed list this morning. Had picked/read through top to bottom, then refreshed the list and got the four additionals at the bottom (older msgs) plus a couple newer ones at the top (no issue seeing more at the top of course).

·
Administrator
2,180 Posts
CKnits said:
I often use the Show Unread Only link. When having gone through the list, I may click back to the Show Read and Unread link, then right back to the Show Unread Only to get a refreshed list.
Instead, after opening the topics, try clicking refresh while still having Unread option. That way, you'll either see an empty list (if all topics are now read) or you'll see topics from page 2 now moved to page 1.

Even better would be to open topics in new tabs. That way you can close the topic's tab and be back to the unread list. And then, after opening a few topics click refresh to update the list.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Admin, I'll look for and try the refresh link. Glad you have read and know that the search may be glitched when approached the direction I have used. I do open msgs in a new tab from a main listing. Thx.
edit: PS, I don't find a refresh option/hyperlink on the page with the list of msgs. (Are you saying to use F5 or the browser page reload?) Am using a condensed view on the listing. It has two lines to each msg, subject and then author.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom