Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about buying one, but wonder if anyone here has used one? Each year they come out with a bigger and better model as well as a bigger and higher price tag.

Thanks for your input!

Roomba 790 = robot that cleans floors :)

·
Registered
27,128 Posts
I love my roomba. I use it everyday and I am amazed at what it picks up. To test it I ran the regular vac after the roomba was finished and it did not find much to pick up. I have thicker carpeting in one room and in that room it does not do a great job. On the other carpeting and bare floors it is wonderful. I will buy another one when and if this one breaks down. jinx

·
Registered
733 Posts
I have 2 roombas and have been eyeing the new one that washes and cleans. One of the roombas is very old and the other about 1 year or so, that one was a gift and I love them both. I very rarely sweep anymore, just push the buttons daily and off they go. You will be surprided how much they pick up daily! The old one is at least 6 years, just needed to replace the batteries once. I would go for it and let us know how the you love it!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone. I will save up for the next couple of months and maybe get it for myself for Christmas. I have one dog and three cats and lots of dust bunnies that consist of their hair. The 790 has three towers with it so it should take care of most of my house. I am all on one floor which helps for sure. I hope my dog does not chase it around. I suspect she will for a while but I will break her of that habit, quickly!

Again, thanks for your input.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
jinx said:
I love my roomba. I use it everyday and I am amazed at what it picks up. To test it I ran the regular vac after the roomba was finished and it did not find much to pick up. I have thicker carpeting in one room and in that room it does not do a great job. On the other carpeting and bare floors it is wonderful. I will buy another one when and if this one breaks down. jinx
How does it do on bare floors with area rugs?

·
Registered
27,128 Posts
It does great. It goes back and forth over the scatter rug and gets that clean also. The first roomba I had years ago could not do the scatter rugs.The newer models have no problem cleaning the bare floors and the scatter rugs.
jinx
Yarnie.One said:
jinx said:
How does it do on bare floors with area rugs?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I bought a roomba when they first came out and we love it. Not only does it do a good job (even with cat hair), it gives me time to do other things. By the time I've cleaned the kitchen and bathrooms, the floors are vacuumed and all I have to do is dust. Highly recommend it for anyone with a bad back or difficulty standing or walking. (The cat likes stalking it, too!)
I registered my roomba and when it came time to upgrade, I ordered through iRobot.com and they gave me 50% off my new roomba!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am so glad most everyone likes their Romba. I am already thinking and planning about what to keep up off the floor while the little devil is doing it's job. I hope to have one in house, within a couple of months. Since it is such a luxury, I am making myself SAVE UP for it rather than put the $ on a credit card. I have lived this long without one, I am sure I can live a couple of months more, without one. BUT I bet once I get it rolling through the house, I will wonder how I lived without it! Thanks again. I will let you know when it arrives!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom