Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been checking in on Knitting and crochet patterns central web site and they have not been updated since mid-november. Does anyone know what is going on? I hope that the lady that started them is not ill. But I miss seeing the new patterns. Also the sites have been re-formatted and seem very generic. :!: :-( :(

·
Registered
12,068 Posts
I tried to complain about the difficulty navigating the new format, but since the Captcha phrase will not display, I am unable to send a message under the "contact me" option at the bottom of the page. Perhaps you will have better luck.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jessica-Jean said:
Is it possible that whoever's in charge there actually has a life besides those websites? The Christmas and New Year's holidays are upcoming. Maybe they have a family to prepare for?
Give 'em some time to get through the holidays, recover, and get back to play!
So true. The other thought I had was that she may be on the east coast and got hit by Sandy- god forbid! If there is a way to help, I would be glad to donate. She used to have donate button and I tried to make a yearly donation because it is such a great resource.

·
Registered
10,813 Posts
I know I've contacted her in the past - she and her sister look after the site - one researches looking for new patterns to add, the other does the technical aspect. Looks to me like the "new" format has added some advertising - likely for income. Times are tough for all of us, and the fact that these two ladies made the links available to all of us for free for years - yes, there was a donate button, but no obligation - I think it would be considerate of us to NOT complain about it being a little more effort to navigate the page. I wouldn't say "harder" myself, you just have to scroll a little farther to get past the ads.

And would it really hurt to click on an ad or two to help support these wonderful people?

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tryalot said:
somebody else mentioned this, but nobody seemed to know what is going on with them.
PS that is a beautiful child in your avatar, like a little model
Thank-you that is my lovely nearly 7 year old granddaughter. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom