Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1485 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter, bless her, has found a *picture* of a cardi she would like me to make....and I love it too! She doesn't remember where she got the picture from. On the top left of the picture is written"Artyarns.ru" and a google search has lead up to lots of sites for ArtYarns but nothing for patterns.
If you could help with the source I would be grateful. My daughter and I have a bet as to which one of us wins <g>
Thank you all
cj

Attachments

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
It's very stylish - obviously knitted left-to-right (is there a technical term for that? if so, that might be a search criteria). My guess is that if you're good at cabling, this wouldn't be too difficult - and well worth the effort. Can't help you with the pattern though, sorry.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
StellasKnits said:
That's a gorgeous sweater!
It is very different isn't it? Obviously goes from sideseam to the front, but I wouldn't like to spend the time needed to make my own pattern. I hope we can get a lead - I've searched Google all morning, but so far no luck.
thanks
cj

·
Registered
23 Posts
YarnArt.ru is a Russian website. Even with translating to English, I wasn't able to find it. Sorry. Where did she get the photo from?

I would love to have that pattern too.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BeezNeez said:
YarnArt.ru is a Russian website. Even with translating to English, I wasn't able to find it. Sorry. Where did she get the photo from?

I would love to have that pattern too.
She pinned it on penterest - but she can't find it now, not totally sure it ever was. Are you able to translate the Turkish? if you are would it be possible to send them the picture and ask them if they have it? Lots of people want it - it is pretty u nique isn't it!
Thanks
cj

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Hello there. I quite liked it too but it looks ways beyond me. I went onto Ravelry.com for a browse there. If you aren't a member already, you can join for free and search the patterns maybe for something similar. I searched for 'cabled cardigan' and there were loads.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How on earth did you do that!!!! I bow to your ability...thank you so much. BUT I just don't seem to be able to get any further - I found one where the kit was $89 or so and was reduced to $39 or so, but it was nolonger available. Her website doesn't seem to be working. It's all so frustrating. I don't think I've ever seen a patter with the cables going that way.
Bu t thanks, I'll keep searching using your info.
cj

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is frustrating the beejaybers out of me! Isabella Bird is the designer and the pattern is Sundial Cables --- maybe her website is defunct. Any suggestions on how I could find an out-of-date pattern for this cardi?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Since it looks like this is a buy the completed sweater, not available as a pattern....
Find a nice sideways constructed cardigan that you can modify and add the growing and radiating cables. This is a simple, easily modified cable. It appears that as the number of stitches between cables grows, the number of stitches in the cable grows as well. The sleeves also appear to be worked 'sideways'. The back is probably worked in plain stockinette (sideways as well).
Never underestimate your abilities. We are all much better at this stuff than we first believe.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
CaROLE-JAYNE said:
My daughter, bless her, has found a *picture* of a cardi she would like me to make....and I love it too! She doesn't remember where she got the picture from. On the top left of the picture is written"Artyarns.ru" and a google search has lead up to lots of sites for ArtYarns but nothing for patterns.
If you could help with the source I would be grateful. My daughter and I have a bet as to which one of us wins <g>
Thank you all
cj
It looks like it is Yarnart.ru, not Artyarn.
It is Russian.
Have fun.
Colleen

·
Registered
29,287 Posts
No wonder you want to knit it, it's a lovely design. Good luck. I hope someone recognizes it.

1 - 20 of 1485 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom