Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
21,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my friends is expecting twin Grandsons in a few weeks and asked me to knit some cardis for them.
I started a white cardi and was merrily knitting away when she mentioned that she didn't want any plain white cardis.

:oops:.....I had already knitted the back and both fronts and didn't want to have to undo it. So I decided to add the blue.
Does it look ok with a white rib??
I added blue buttons to try to tie it all together :lol: :lol: :lol:

I also thought the Mum wouldn't want the twins dressed identically.......WRONG!! :lol:
So now I have to knit 2 of all of them so I am going to interchange them so I'm not knitted 2 the same one after the other! ;-)

The blue cardi is a cute pattern to knit.
I knitted a couple of these for my friend's first GS so she wanted some knitting again :-D

Attachments

·
Registered
21,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you everybody :D
I just wanted a second opinion ( and a 3rd and a 4th.....lol......) on the blue collar and cuffs.
I've knitted that pattern in blue before but never in 2 colours.

Here it is in blue :D

( On to the next cardi now! ;-) ;-) )

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
The blue cardi is lovely, but I really like the white with blue cuffs! It looks like an entirely different pattern. And, you're work is flawless! Anyone receiving a gift from you is very lucky.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I do prefer the white with the blue collar. The others are beautiful too. She said plain white and that is not plain white anymore. Nice rescue! If all else fail, just tell her what you told us, I don't see how anyone couldn't understand....unless of course they are non-knitters!
Gorgeous work!

·
Registered
30,670 Posts
missmolly said:
One of my friends is expecting twin Grandsons in a few weeks and asked me to knit some cardis for them.
I started a white cardi and was merrily knitting away when she mentioned that she didn't want any plain white cardis.

:oops:.....I had already knitted the back and both fronts and didn't want to have to undo it. So I decided to add the blue.
Does it look ok with a white rib??
I added blue buttons to try to tie it all together :lol: :lol: :lol:

I also thought the Mum wouldn't want the twins dressed identically.......WRONG!! :lol:
So now I have to knit 2 of all of them so I am going to interchange them so I'm not knitted 2 the same one after the other! ;-)

The blue cardi is a cute pattern to knit.
I knitted a couple of these for my friend's first GS so she wanted some knitting again :-D
Miss Molly they are just beautiful and your work is perfect anyone should be honoured to recieve such a love filled gift

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
21,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you all so much for your opinions. I feel better knowing that so many of you like the 2 colours. :D

My friend really appreciates all the knitted baby items I make for her.
For her first GS 4 years ago she asked for 4 cardis.....then just kept adding to the list until I had made over a dozen :lol: :lol:

She has asked me to knit 6 cardis........so far.
I dread to think how many we'll get to now it's twins!! :-o :shock:
She has another GC due at christmas as well so I think I'll be kept very busy for a while ;-)

1 - 20 of 206 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom