Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 or 3 weeks ago I took two of my granddaughters aged 4 and 2 to a local woolshop to choose wool for cardigans 4yr old wanted normal pink ie no glittery bits, no verging on purple so we got 'normal pink' knitted the cardigan,the pattern is a new Sirdar one No 1401. They were all here today and its finished apart from the button - well its been on all day and is away home to be worn to nursery tomorrow, button still not on and no photograph either. Onto the next one for the 2yr old which is purpleish.

·
Registered
7,578 Posts
Obviously she loved the cardi her gramma knit for her, so much in fact she didn't want to part with it long enough for you to put buttons on. Maybe when you finish the purplish one for her sister you can snap a picture of them together wearing their new sweaters to share with us.

·
Registered
7,578 Posts
Children can have very strong opinions about what they want to wear or colors they like. My daughter was that way when she was around that age. Maybe you should have bought enough of the deep pink wool to knit yourself something. It would be a shame to knit it up and have your granddaughter refuse to wear it.

·
Registered
15,107 Posts
Why MUST there be buttons? the only ones wanting those are anyone over the age of 12...takes to much time of showing off the work. Have you ever given thought to finding buttons that have the shank and a clip or even use a safety pin put through the fabric and they can be removed for cleaning? Hay even if tired of those buttons get new ones and change them out. These girls are pretty much past the age of putting such things in their mouths so safety should be no problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom