Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a fairly large dog and I can't find any sweaters to fit her. She is approximately 32 around her belly. She measures from the neck to where her tail begins at 35 inches. So I am looking for a simple pattern to make her a sweater to go out in this cold weather. She has arthritis so I want to cover her up so when she goes outside it won't be so bad on her. I would appreciate if you can help me with a pattern to knit for her. Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.

Cecelia

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
I don't actually have a pattern for a dog sweater, but years ago I made a poncho of sorts for our Cocker Spaniel. I just measured her form neck to hips, and made a rectangle wide enough to cover her back and long enough to just curve around her rib cage. then I attached knitted strips to the under side to keep it on. I had to slip it over her head. If your baby won't allow you to put it on that way you could use ribbon and velcro to keep it on. this might help until you locate or invent your own pattern. Good Luck.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Try this site. Input your gauge and the dog's measurements. I have the same problem trying to fit a Welsh Corgi that has a hot dog body and short legs. Most of the patterns I found are for tiny lap dogs. The one Corgi pattern I did find had the mechanics but not the actual pattern "because her dog was fat and it might not fit every Corgi."

http://www.thedietdiary.com/cgi-bin/chart_dog.pl

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom