Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I've found several knit patterns for the dolls, my granddaughter is just about old enough now so I'm beginning to use up my stash for her dolls.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
type in search engine, Free American Girl doll patterns to knit
lots will show up! some with matching sweaters etc for the child! really nice!

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Hi Eleanor:
I have been knitting my own Barbie doll fashions for over 20 years. Entered in our local county fair and won some blue ribbons: in the "knitting" category, the "collections" category, and the "bridal" category. Poor tiny little Barbie looked so lost on the bridal platform with a full-sized mannequin dressed in full bridal finery! Thank goodness I created a bridal gown with big puffy sleeves, and a double full, full lacy skirt with a lacy fingertip veil. Barbie had a ribbon attached to her gown after the judging.

I am now revising some of the patterns to fit the much larger 18-inch American Girl doll - not the sexy "Witchy-Poo" costume, or the Las Vegas showgirl outfit, or the various bridal gowns, but mostly sweaters, dresses, pants suits, etc. that would be appropriate for a pre-teen girl doll.

If you are interested in any easy sweater and hat for the American Girl go to [email protected] and I will e-mail you the directions.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom