Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started making the American girl doll sized sweaters that fit most all of the similar goals that are 18 inches so far I have sold several in my neighborhood ..... looks like American girl dolls are still very popular

Attachments

·
Registered
543 Posts
Not only cute but expertly knitted. Seeing your post reminded me of my mother. She was not only an expert knitter but a sewer as well. I wish I could remember the matching dresses she made for me and her. I would probably like them today as a vintage reminder of the 50's. To get back on topic, I imagine knitting one of these sweaters for a doll and a matching one for the doll's "mother" or even as a sweater for a premie as I believe might have been suggested in another post.

Does anyone else have a mother or grandmother that just can do anything better than we can? Not to leave out the men, of course. There seems to be such a standard of excellence with all trades, crafts, etc. in our past. I'm happy to see the beautiful work on this forum and in other places on the net.

Wendy

·
Registered
10,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wendy Anne said:
Not only cute but expertly knitted. Seeing your post reminded me of my mother. She was not only an expert knitter but a sewer as well. I wish I could remember the matching dresses she made for me and her. I would probably like them today as a vintage reminder of the 50's. To get back on topic, I imagine knitting one of these sweaters for a doll and a matching one for the doll's "mother" or even as a sweater for a premie as I believe might have been suggested in another post.

Does anyone else have a mother or grandmother that just can do anything better than we can? Not to leave out the men, of course. There seems to be such a standard of excellence with all trades, crafts, etc. in our past. I'm happy to see the beautiful work on this forum and in other places on the net.

Wendy
I used own a yarn shop in northern Vermont many years ago..I started When I as about 12..I am the only one in my family that really did much crafting but now I have a 19-year-old college granddaughter who knits and crochets better than most of my adult friends. For the last few years now I have really been addicted to making greeting cards so I hadn't knit much for a while but now that I picked up the doll sweaters again I am really enjoying it

·
Registered
17,888 Posts
I bought this pattern a few years ago when Sue first posted it. It is my go to for my 18 inch dolls that I donate with a wardrobe to a charity that raffles the doll and wardrobe. Everyone is always surprised by the little beautiful doll sweater. I highly recommended it and it is so worth the small fee.

·
Registered
10,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
JoRae said:
I bought this pattern a few years ago when Sue first posted it. It is my go to for my 18 inch dolls that I donate with a wardrobe to a charity that raffles the doll and wardrobe. Everyone is always surprised by the little beautiful doll sweater. I highly recommended it and it is so worth the small fee.
Thanks so much for the compliment and although I have sold many many of my sweaters I also donate a bunch and people seem to be very happy with them

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom