Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Thank you. It's so nice to get a knitted doll for Christmas. During the 1960s if you were poor you just went without. Many children didn't get Christmas presents. They didn't have programs back then like they have now. It's wonderful that no child will ever wake up on Christmas morning and not see presents under the tree. The children from 1960s who never received Christmas presents have a hole in their hearts. Every time they see Santa either at the mall or on a street corner, they would like to go up to him and smack his face or kick him you know where. I guess that's why it's so important to give children good memories so they don't have holes in their hearts.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
What a useful link! Dolls are my favorite items to knit.
I especially like the lavender babies. The lavender in my garden is still looking good and I've neglected cutting it for drying. Now I am motivated!
Thanks!

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
kmsent said:
here is great all free site I just ran into yesterday... very good instructions and variety of dolls and clothes https://www.ravelry.com/bundles/click-here-to-find-all-the-free-weebee-patterns
I was hoping they would be knitting but they are not. Lots of great patterns to make if you can crochet though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom