Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I crochet for a charity that donates lapghans, (lap size blankets), to homes for the elderly/older people.

The charity is on memory of a lady who lived to over 100. The blankets are about 36 inches (95cm) square/round, or slightly larger.

I can send the blankets direct to the care home, in the name of the charity, so if you are connected to or are aware of a care home which would like to receive the blankets, can you let me have the name of the contact at the home and the address of the home (by pm) and I will arrange delivery on behalf of the charity.

I have emailed several homes, but so far have had no response. I have about 12 blankets available at the moment, but if the home would like more, I can keep their details and send more when I have more blankets finished.

Thank for your help.

Regards

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I just hope they are appreciated. I made quite a few twiddlemuffs, gave them away and asked for feedback. Not 1 reply. All I wanted was - did the patients use them. were they safe enough etc. Sorry for the rant. Good luck with your venture.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Shautzie said:
If this has been asked/answered before, I apologize. What is a twiddlemuff?
A twiddle muff is for dementia patients to twiddle with. It is a knitted muff in multicolours and textures and then decorated with buttons, beads ribbons, keys etc all secured on for safety. Just google twiddlemuffs and there is loads of ideas, unfortunately they are addictive

·
Registered
23,295 Posts
What is a TwiddleMuff??
A TwiddleMuff is a double thickness hand muff with bits and bobs attached inside and out. It is designed to provide a stimulation activity for restless hands for patients suffering from dementia.

Twiddlemuff - Knit For Peace ~ www.knitforpeace.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Twiddlemuff-Pattern.pdf
Twiddlemuffs patterns crochet ~ https://www.google.ca/?gws_rd=ssl#q=twiddlemuffs+patterns+crochet
Twiddlemuff Pattern: http://www.knitforpeace.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Twiddlemuff-Pattern.pdf

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom