Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19,648 Posts
Very cute.

I have a fabric owl doorstop which I love but our borderdor has a "thing" for it too, and in spite of its weight, he keeps nicking it and taking it behind my chair!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Kerry Anne said:
What did you stuff the doorstop with? I suppose it would have to be a heavy stuffing to give weight to the doorstop and so hold the door in place?
I stuffed the top with normal toy stuffing but used 1kg of dried peas for the bottom as weight- sewn inside a cotton bag for security. Seems to be heavy enough although you could use more and stuff the whole thing solid.

·
Registered
5,913 Posts
judeb said:
Kerry Anne said:
What did you stuff the doorstop with? I suppose it would have to be a heavy stuffing to give weight to the doorstop and so hold the door in place?
I stuffed the top with normal toy stuffing but used 1kg of dried peas for the bottom as weight- sewn inside a cotton bag for security. Seems to be heavy enough although you could use more and stuff the whole thing solid.
Thank you for the tip- I'll try that. My daughter wants a doorstop. I notice that you reside in Cleethorpes. My nan used to take me there during the summer holidays. Loved it and still have fond memories. Hoping to revisit some day.

:thumbup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom