Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've been wanting to buy a ke100 for ages but I recently saw a comment on eBay that the motor arm doesn't reach the double bed colour changer so it can't be used effectively for double jacquard.

I've scoured videos on YouTube to see it in action but no examples have the machine set for using a colour changer (only for simple two colour fair isle on the main bed).

Can anyone here tell me if the rumour is true, that the ke100 can't be used for double jacquard? Seems like such a major design flaw!

· Registered
2,941 Posts
chixor said:
Hi all,

I've been wanting to buy a ke100 for ages but I recently saw a comment on eBay that the motor arm doesn't reach the double bed colour changer so it can't be used effectively for double jacquard.

I've scoured videos on YouTube to see it in action but no examples have the machine set for using a colour changer (only for simple two colour fair isle on the main bed).

Can anyone here tell me if the rumour is true, that the ke100 can't be used for double jacquard? Seems like such a major design flaw!
I use mine for double jacquard

This is from the back of the instruction manual

Attachments

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply jaysclark! I found the manual online and spotted these instructions for using a second yarn sensor set. I just wasn't sure if the actual arm could reach all the way over to the colour changer in order for you to change colours between rows. Is this how you run yours? Do you have a manual colour changer or an automatic one? (I think the Brother 970 can use an automatic colour changer)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom