Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
I use dp all the time. I hold the yarn between my thumb and my pointy finger so that I can control my tension. When you are knitting to the end of the one needle and starting on the next one, you have to pull the tension a little tighter so you don't get holes and ladders in your work. Also when I first learned, I read a book called Knitting Without Tears (excellent book) and she said every couple of round slip a couple of stitches over onto the other needle so you aren't always changing needles in the same place and you won't get the ladders. This is great advice while you are learning, after you practice awhile you won't have to do it anymore.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
leahjoyates said:
Hello all, I'm from Florida and love to "try" to knit. Sometimes I can do pretty good,but nothing too fancy.Any info that can be give on getting started on dpn will be appreciated!!!!
(((((((((( This is one of the better cideos I've found on using DPN/s:

Good luck!! Donna Rae )))))))))))))))))))

·
Registered
836 Posts
e.ridenh said:
leahjoyates said:
Hello all, I'm from Florida and love to "try" to knit. Sometimes I can do pretty good,but nothing too fancy.Any info that can be give on getting started on dpn will be appreciated!!!!
(((((((((( This is one of the better cideos I've found on using DPN/s:

Good luck!! Donna Rae )))))))))))))))))))
Goodness. I have been reading about knitting in the round and using dpn's and I was a little confused so I watched this video, well I understand now. I definitely wont be doing this for a while at least until I have been knitting for longer than a week, maybe a year. Ha ha

·
Registered
9,165 Posts
Greetings,

One of the best books I found for knitting that explains and shows how to do things is by Sharon Turner...Teach Yourself Visually Knitting. I followed the instructions for double points and had no difficulty.

There are other Teach Yourself Visually books which can be found at any library.

Happy knitting. :-D

·
Registered
267 Posts
When you're knitting with dpns, it's easier to avoid ladders or loose stitches between needles if you knit on four needles rather than three. Also, wood or bamboo needles are easier for beginners to use, because they are not so slippery as metal ones.
Good luck! Dpns are fun when you get used to them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom