Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I live in Denver. I just have an affection for unusual or ugly slipper patterns, I like to give them as gifts actually. Anyone have such patterns or know where I can find them. I just finished a pointy toe ugly pair of slippers today, my grand daughter (17) will LOVE them.

·
Registered
5,079 Posts

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
The ugliest slippers I ever saw were made by martha stewart. They were made with two feminine napkins and decorated with glue on jewels. How tactless and classless all in one bundle of nasty! I hope you never come across anything as awful as those to give as gifts! I do like the elf pointed toe slippers, they are cute =)

·
Registered
10,997 Posts
I've seen those slippers (and angels made w/tampons) before but had no idea martha was to blame! :? :oops:

Also consider color choices you use. Could be a fine line between making a slipper normal or ugly. :thumbup:

·
Registered
621 Posts
OH my goodness, only martha stewart...not really a fan of hers because she does things that no normal person has the time or would want to spend the time creating it.

on the ugly slipper dilema, I think it is the yarn color chice tht would make them funky or ugly. good luck!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks folks for all of your comments. I will keep looking. I think the tampon slipers are just "vile". If I sent these to my daughter-in-law in Maryland she would probably stop talking to me. Don't care for Martha either. Thanks again. I think some ugly colors and weird yarn might help the "ugly" in slippers. I want to give my family gifts for Christmas with "false bottoms" in the box, put ugly slippers in there and they will think thats their gift and start laughing, then have thier real gift in the false bottom. They live away from all family in Maryland and I wanted them to laugh when getting their gifts this year.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm not a Martha fan either. I did see a book years ago poking fun at her tendency to make something out of anything. Are you sure the slippers weren't from this book? All of the items in the book were made up by whoever wrote it.

·
Registered
5,079 Posts

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
denvervet said:
Thanks folks for all of your comments. I will keep looking. I think the tampon slipers are just "vile". If I sent these to my daughter-in-law in Maryland she would probably stop talking to me. Don't care for Martha either. Thanks again. I think some ugly colors and weird yarn might help the "ugly" in slippers. I want to give my family gifts for Christmas with "false bottoms" in the box, put ugly slippers in there and they will think thats their gift and start laughing, then have thier real gift in the false bottom. They live away from all family in Maryland and I wanted them to laugh when getting their gifts this year.
Years ago when those ugly MaxiPad slippers were on an afternoon program along with their creator, when the audience showed a negative reaction them, Martha Stewart started trying to be cute (which is a feat in itself!) and said, just think of the time saving you could do while wearing these, have the sticky side down and clean the floor at the same time.....do you think she will try and take credit for creating Swiffer type products next? lmao. I saw them decorated for Christmas with poinsettias instead of daisies..and I thought that those would be one of those perfect "I detest you but got your name in the office pool" kind of gifts. Bet they would be re gifted for years and years!!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I had to laugh while I was resting in bed today, thinking....gee I never thought my "ugly slipper" request would bring discussion of sanitary pads and even a picture of them on my blog! I got a good hard chuckle out of it being a guy. You guys are just too funny, thanks for cheering me up!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom