Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one know where I can get a set of dpn set larger than than size 4. I know I can get a big set of bamboo. I wish there was a larger set harmonys instead of buying them individually. (Like 5,6.7.8.9. ect.)

· Registered
10,064 Posts
wanderer said:
Thank you. Wasn't sure if it would look funny.
I wouldn't suggest that it's a long term solution...but i use that 5th needle all the time from a different set... it doesn't even show a different size st because the needles rotate around...no one needle works in any one spot for more than 1/4 of a row...

· Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I mean a collection. I have a metal set. Small ones though for socks and such. I'd like a collection of large sizes. Knitpicks Harmony size 7 is back ordered. And Webs is also back ordered. I guess I'll go to shopping tomorrow for a few sizes. Thanks

· Registered
41,373 Posts
I would love the same thing. I want a set for economy but I want larger sizes. The Harmonies are so pretty and nice to work with and I don't care for bambooso I guess I'm going to just get some. Ore metal for now. Maybe there will be a set in the future.

· Registered
10,064 Posts
wanderer said:
Does any one know where I can get a set of dpn set larger than than size 4. I know I can get a big set of bamboo. I wish there was a larger set harmonys instead of buying them individually. (Like 5,6.7.8.9. ect.)
http://www.signatureneedlearts.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SNA&Product_Code=DPN-Set&Category_Code=DPNs

· Registered
611 Posts
Dreamweaver said:
I would love the same thing. I want a set for economy but I want larger sizes. The Harmonies are so pretty and nice to work with and I don't care for bambooso I guess I'm going to just get some. Ore metal for now. Maybe there will be a set in the future.
Jimmy Beans (and others if you Google) has Brittany birch wood dpns up to size 17. I love these above all other dpns and have managed to collect nearly the whole set, a few at the time at my LYS. Most sizes come in the short 5" length I prefer for most projects that call for dpns, but also in 7.5" Price for a 5 needle set is usually $7-$9 depending on size.

· Registered
2,770 Posts
Larger sizes are available at JoAnn's. Some have 4 needles in the package and some have 5. I am not sure why this is - I use 5 when I use them. I ordered some on line from Simplicity Creative Group. I also purchased some at Hancock Fabric (Lion brand). So far I have not been able to find size 9.
wanderer said:

· Registered
4,019 Posts
I think the Europeans use 5 and the americans have always used 4. I figured that out when we had a German student stay with us. She laughed at how funny it looked when I was using 4 needles and showed me her way of using 5. it made more sense and was easier. That was in the 70's. I could not find any sets of 5 so ended up always buying 2 sets of 4. Needless to say I have quite a collection, extras when I lose one in the chair.

· Registered
547 Posts
Have you checked the adds on here? There are popups on this site for needle sets all the time. It knitting needles.com. The dpns run from size 0 to 16 in 6-10 inch lengths. You can buy each size seperately or the entire collection.

· Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Last night I solved my problem with the baby sweater sleeves. It's the 5 hour sweater and the sleeves are done flat, although I could have done them in the round, but I just got the Harmony interchangeable so, I put those butttons on the ends of of the cables and used my size 7 needles with a new cable for the sleeves. I'm still getting to know my interchangeables. Love Love Love them! First time using the metal ones, I think I like them more than the wood ones. I feel like I have to be gentler with the wood ones, but the metal ones are so fast. Anyway, now I have time to pick up the dpn that I don't have. Thank you, I guess I panicked.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom