Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading this site for a while and really enjoy all your answers. I have learned things I never thought of. All of you are great at translating how to do things. I would like to know what is the easyest pattern for dpn. I have been knitting for some time but only baby idems, scarfs. Now I want to learn how to work witih dpns.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
chunkycheese said:
Knitting wrist warmers, fingerless gloves and leg warmers..... After that try socks with toes and gloves with fingers....
CC
Hi chunkycheese, I have been wrestling with casting on using dpn for 3 days now (not all day - just different intervals)- I am trying to start some socks - but I will not give up!

·
Registered
12,411 Posts
Hi chunkycheese, I have been wrestling with casting on using dpn for 3 days now (not all day - just different intervals)- I am trying to start some socks - but I will not give up![/quote]

When you you cast on cast on a one needle. Then separate your stitches on to the three needles. Just make sure your work is not twisted and knit. I'm on my 5 pr of socks some times I have to take a stitch to the first stitch to tack it down. Practice makes perfect. By the way I'm making tube socks as I'm chicken to turn a heal but I promised my self to try after Christmas.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
mama879 said:
Hi chunkycheese, I have been wrestling with casting on using dpn for 3 days now (not all day - just different intervals)- I am trying to start some socks - but I will not give up!
When you you cast on cast on a one needle. Then separate your stitches on to the three needles. Just make sure your work is not twisted and knit. I'm on my 5 pr of socks some times I have to take a stitch to the first stitch to tack it down. Practice makes perfect. By the way I'm making tube socks as I'm chicken to turn a heal but I promised my self to try after Christmas.[/quote]

Well we both have a challenge. My husband is going to golf today so I have all day free of his continuous chatter, so maybe I have a chance eh! ps I do love his chatter though!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom