Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this on Pinterest and thought WOW that is a great idea and would be so easy to make. One does not even need a pattern if one knows how to sew

:-D

Attachments

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jessica-Jean said:
Aha! Now I know why I saved the cut-off bottoms of my darling's jeans. It's been years since I dusted off one of the sewing machines. I think it's time to do so now. Thank you!
Jessica-Jean if you do make some would you be so kind as to post pics.

I have to dig around to see if I have any material. I do know I need to buy some elastic.

Next time I go to JoAnn's I will look in their remnants :-D

I will also post pics when I make mine.

Ann

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I love it!!!! Oh! Thank you. I am making this TODAY!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
daleech said:
Great idea! Thanks for sharing. Perhaps we can make several and embroider sizes on them for storage that keeps them together.
daleech, thanks for the idea to embroider the sizes on them. I have lots of embroidery thread just waiting to be used.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
gmcmullen said:
Thanks for sharing! That's a terrific idea and so simple. By the way. . . what yarn is that you're making your socks with? I love all the colors. It looks like a bulky weight yarn.
sorry not my WIP ........ I just posted the picture to get the pattern for the DPN storage holder. :)

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
montgal said:
Where is the elastic? On the back? Thank you for the wonderful idea, no more slipping off needles when transporting!
montgal, looking at the picture the Elastic is sewn on the back of the tip pockets on both ends of the holder.

I am thinking of enclosing the elastic in the material and making the tip pockets on each end for better storage. I will probably try both and see how they work.

I think in the picture they used black elastic.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom