Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a sort of "rule" or guideline to follow if your pattern is written for DPNs but you'd rather use circs?
I mean if the finished width of the item will be, for example, 8" how long should your circs be?
I'm just curious because almost all of my older sweater patterns for sleeves call for DPNs but I'd rather use circs.
It'll be my first sweater, BTW
thanks

·
Premium Member
13,046 Posts
You need to make sure that the number of stitches that you will be working in the round will reach all the way around the circular needle without too much stretching. For smaller circumferences like the narrow end of a sleeve you may have a really hard time finding a circular small enough for this. (They exist, but circs smaller than 16" are more of a specialty item that you will have to look a little harder to find.) Have you ever tried the Magic Loop method of circular knitting? For Magic Loop you use one really long circular needle to make small tubes of knitting in the round. Go to Youtube, do a search for "knitting magic loop" and take a look at a few videos. (It's nice to have options!) :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom