Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,813 Posts
yes. You might want to look up "magic loop" or knitting with two circulars first - some people will use really short circulars, but I personally prefer to go with Magic Loop technique for all my in-the-round knitting.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Roxy.. You helped me with another question I had on circulars & mentioned magic loop... It may be time for me to learn it!
RoxyCatlady said:
yes. You might want to look up "magic loop" or knitting with two circulars first - some people will use really short circulars, but I personally prefer to go with Magic Loop technique for all my in-the-round knitting.

·
Registered
13,788 Posts
As a SET circular knitter (SET being two matched size circulars) I will add this attachment below. I'd recommend two different colors of the same size thread/yarn to avoid confusing the two skeins while doing this below:

Attachments

·
Registered
13,788 Posts
RoxyCatlady said:
Just HAD TO add my methods plus one in. <G> It all depends on what works for any one person. Just offering a choice.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have never heard of the plus one method!
kaixixang said:
RoxyCatlady said:
Just HAD TO add my methods plus one in. <G> It all depends on what works for any one person. Just offering a choice.

·
Registered
13,788 Posts
mmg said:
I have never heard of the plus one method!
kaixixang said:
RoxyCatlady said:
Especially look up the invisible join in the Search hyperlink above. I always add one more st than the needed CO amount for in-the-round work. You sl that extra st onto the working needle, st 1 (I prefer 2 with the number I CO with, for the FIRST row) , PSSO. Continue st in pattern for the rib pattern of the cuff for the amount recommended by the pattern (or a minimum of 10 rows for a babies sock).

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
mmg said:
Thanks Roxy.. You helped me with another question I had on circulars & mentioned magic loop... It may be time for me to learn it!
RoxyCatlady said:
There is going to be a workshop on KP using the magic loop. The workshops are organized by Designer1234. You can find a list of the workshops, when they start and who is going to lead them. Just click on hime at the top of the page and scroll down and you will see a listing for the workshops.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom