Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
((((((((( Knitted or crocheted? Both have drop stitches.

Retangular? There's a drop stitch scarf pattern available by surfing where they have the dropping going on over the length of the scarf versus height. Both ways are on the web.

The short way = about 30 stitches wide and with a lot of turning. Made on the width was over 140 stitches and the number of rows for the width you want can just be continued until you're satisfied. Problem is the length. 140 sts., as I recall was a reasonable scarf length which might not translate to the shawl width.

My guess is you're after a rectangular SHAWL pattern.

If you want it to have sleeves, fold in half the long ways and seam the side up about 11" or so - size it on yourself first by pinning up a ways......
~~~~~
maggieames said:
I had a pattern a very long time ago for one of these and I cannot find it. Can I get some help here???

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had an avid knitter from Germany show me years ago, to always slip the 1st stitch of "each" row for a great looking edge It works! Use your same tension though or you can curl your project. If your pattern begins with the 1st st, add 2 selvage stitches, one at each end (or more if you like)but only slip the beginning st. Hope this helps! Another lil hint, Always use round needles, they give you better control of your tension & less stitch dropping especially when laying your work down. DroopingFeather

·
Registered
6 Posts
I understand all to well your issues with MS. I also have it along with my big sister who has progressive, she's our power chair champ.
Sis has the same memory problems as you do, but I do not have the problem. I've had MS since 1988, I have found that reading, not fiction, but stuff that you can learn from fires off the neurons in your brain that will improve and help you retain information. Knitting and reading about the history of knitting, learning new stitches, and having a great knitting support group will keep you and your brain in shape and in a very happy state.

Best of luck, and poke me anytime you want to chat.

Lisa

·
Registered
9,165 Posts
maggieames said:
I had a pattern a very long time ago for one of these and I cannot find it. Can I get some help here???
Greetings and welcome to the wonderful world of knitting answers,

The web site knitty.com has a drop stitch shawl pattern called "Clapotis". You can either Google the word Clapotis or go to the knitty.com site, click pattern library and take it from there.

Happy hunting and happy knitting.

:-D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom