Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PearlofGreatPrice said:
Loved it.................as one who loves ducks. Thank you for posting this one!
I like ducks, too. Used to have a white duck named Gabby when growing up and also a couple of Mallards which hatched. Used to use the eggs in our waffles.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
I saw this story before but they only had pictures and not the video. He said they watched the first one and then thought it was dead so he ran down to help. The first little duck turned out to be ok but the office couldn't stand the thought of allowing the rest to hit the pavement like the first. In the end after the ducks were in the water the mother duck was calling out to the guy who helped them.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I saw this happen in person once! Saw the little things fall out of a huge sycamore tree and bounce! Then shake it off and toddle after Mom as she called the others. It's the weirdest thing seeing ducks fall out of trees from a 20 plus foot height! It's very smart of the female Wood Duck to keep her eggs safe but what a first experience for the ducklings!

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
christine4321 said:
I saw this story before but they only had pictures and not the video. He said they watched the first one and then thought it was dead so he ran down to help. The first little duck turned out to be ok but the office couldn't stand the thought of allowing the rest to hit the pavement like the first. In the end after the ducks were in the water the mother duck was calling out to the guy who helped them.
I was amazed what a good catcher he wash. Reminds me of when I had kittens and two had climbed a tree and afraid to come down. It seemed as soon as I stood under them they felt safe enough to drop and I did manage to catch them. But it was scary--for me!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom