Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41,373 Posts
Sure, just use the same type of yarn so that shrinkage will be the same. I would keep duplicate stitch just a tad on the loose side so that it doesn't sink in to the background too much...

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
wanderer-Sometimes it will depend on the yarn. Some yarns will felt the same duplicate stitch as knit, some will felt differently. When in doubt, knit a swatch in gauge and do some duplicate stitches. Wash the item as if to felt and see how the swatch reacts. If the duplicate stitches felt and blend in well, you're ok. If not, You could try the duplicate stitches out of a different yarn or embroider your design after felting.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just got back from Michael's. Someone else here posting the link for a 5.00 off a purchase. I printed 2, one for myself and one for my husband. Patons classic wool was on sale for 2 for 8.00. I bought 2 and my husband got 2. YEAH! 6.30 for 4 balls! I'm on a felting kick. My bag turned out well, just have to attach the icords. Will post pictures when I figure out how. First time making i cords. Too much fun! The coupon is good for today and tomorrow!

·
Registered
247 Posts
What a deal!

Paton's is my favorite yarn for felting. But, believe it or not, the red is sometimes very hard to felt. It takes forever. I found that using a bigger needle than suggested helps the shrinking.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom