Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's MY PATTERN for another Easy-Peasy Blankie:
How-To:
Cast on the # of horizontal sts needed for width and pm [place marker].
Cast on the SAME # of sts AGAIN for vertical ROWS
Row 1: Knit
Row 2: Knit until there are two sts left before marker.
K2 togtfl [Knit 2 together through front loop]. Slip Marker. K2 togtbl [Knit 2 together through back loop]
Knit to end.
Repeat Rows 1 and 2 until 2 sts remain. K2togtbl.
If you want a rectangle, do not cut yarn, but pick up and work sts along the horizontal edge until it is the length you want. This will make a square.
Cut yarn and pull end through last sts and fasten.
You're done! no sewing, no hassle!
Creativity:
You can make a garter st border and then stocking st
U can add other colors, in stripes or a pattern stitch section. Let your creative juices flow!
BTW, this makes a lovely tweed if you use a varigated yarn.

·
Registered
12,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No pics are available becxause this one is only six inches now. It will be a long time before this one is finished.

·
Registered
12,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yarn: Sport-sized yarn I made for myself using several strands of weaving materials a pal gave me.
BTW, it will be a square, but it starts out as an "L" shaped piece stretched out on the inside on the circs.
It's only about 9" now and goes slow because of the small ndl and thin yarn....
Ndls: US 4 circs
SavvyCrafter said:
This sounds very interesting! What yarn and size needles are you using. Thank you :).

·
Registered
12,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You don't cast on vertically and horizontally at all. You cast on half your sts and pm and cast on the rest.
The decreasing before and after the marker in the middle causes the work to form a 90 degree angle. As you work, there are fewer and fewer sts and you end up with no more sts and a mitered square! Easy peasy!
Darlean said:
I would love to see it too. I am having trouble visualizing CO horizontally and CO vertically but I am copying your pattern for the future.

·
Registered
12,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Actually, you are casting on the sts to be worked in both directions; i.e., the length and width of the finished piece. when U knit, you will see an 'L" shape forming. when there no more sts, it will be a square.
Dsynr said:
You don't cast on vertically and horizontally at all. You cast on half your sts and pm and cast on the rest.
The decreasing before and after the marker in the middle causes the work to form a 90 degree angle. As you work, there are fewer and fewer sts and you end up with no more sts and a mitered square! Easy peasy!

·
Registered
12,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You DON'T cast on vertically and horizontally. You CO the same way U always do. The vertical/horizontal aspect comes into play as you do the decreases until there are no sts left!
Darlean said:
I would love to see it too. I am having trouble visualizing CO horizontally and CO vertically but I am copying your pattern for the future.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom