Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for chullo hat patterns, some times called earflap hats. I live in Florida and my grandaughters love these hats but I would love to find an "airy" or lighter pattern that they could wear in the spring too. These hats are getting so popular I am surprized that I can't even find patterns to buy. Thanks and hello to all my new friends.

Marie

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have 2 and 4 yr old grand sons, and I have knitted traditional beanie hats for them, with ribbing on the edge. I made my own ear flaps by picking up stitches over each ear and knitting a piece 2 1/2 in. X 2 1/2 in.+,( I did decrease a bit so the flap was wider at the top than the bottom) and added my own string ties as well.
Turned out very cute, and I am not an experienced knitter.
Funny thing though, the boys wear them with the strings hanging down,.... don't like them tied. Understood!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom