Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it's like this. I found an unusual skein of yarn in a clearance bin at a local yarn shop. I wasn't sure what I would do with the yarn, so it sat for a long time before I decided to make a 100 stitch shawl. All you do is cast on three stitches on size 15 needles, increase one stitch at the beginning of each row, and work in the stockinette stitch (or any other combination of stitches) until you reach 100 stitches and then bind off. I added a tassel on each corner, and thought it turned out kind of cool. I call it a statement shawl, but for the life of me I don't know what it's trying to say.

Louis

Attachments

·
Registered
8,603 Posts
chicquette said:
So it's like this. I found an unusual skein of yarn in a clearance bin at a local yarn shop. I wasn't sure what I would do with the yarn, so it sat for a long time before I decided to make a 100 stitch shawl. All you do is cast on three stitches on size 15 needles, increase one stitch at the beginning of each row, and work in the stockinette stitch (or any other combination of stitches) until you reach 100 stitches and then bind off. I added a tassel on each corner, and thought it turned out kind of cool. I call it a statement shawl, but for the life of me I don't know what it's trying to say.

Louis
It is making the statement that you are still with us.....I have thought about you for two weeks now.....I was thinking; has Louis left us? Is he still knitting? See what happens when you spoil us with patterns frequently then you are gone for awhile!
Good to see you back!

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom