Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished this lovey for a young lady who works at my Chiropractors office. Her colors are light and dark blue with gray. AND she loves Elephants! Can't wait to give it to her. I finally found gray in Lily Sugar and Cream cotton yarn. My stores have never carried that color. Hence why my first Elephant lovey was mint green..haha.
Now let's see....what to work on next...

Attachments

·
Registered
540 Posts
That is so cute. I'm working on my first and it's a bunny. You can get grey in I Love this Cotton from Hobby Lobby. They also sell it on Amazon but it is almost double the price and on some colors you have to pay shipping.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Elephants are fascinating! That's why I check out the site every time one is mentioned and today - for the first time - I'm going to tell you my fascination and maybe someone will be able to help with a pattern.

Years ago I saw a woman showing an elephant to women who sat near her. Thinking she had made it, I walked over to ask whether it was knit or crochet and arrived just as she said, "Oh, I don't know but I think its meant to be a pillow."

Her elephant had a pretty blue face, trunk and front legs only - no body or hind legs.

Can anyone identify a pattern? Thanks

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
tambirrer58 said:
Just finished this lovey for a young lady who works at my Chiropractors office. Her colors are light and dark blue with gray. AND she loves Elephants! Can't wait to give it to her. I finally found gray in Lily Sugar and Cream cotton yarn. My stores have never carried that color. Hence why my first Elephant lovey was mint green..haha.
Now let's see....what to work on next...
What is a "lovey"? Never heard that term before here in Canada.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
mairmie said:
What is a "lovey"? Never heard that term before here in Canada.
It's a "blankie," a small blanket that a child can get attached to, maybe hold in their hand while sucking their thumb. The kind that Moms have trouble getting away from kids long enough to wash. I would be so honored if one of my projects turned into a lovey.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom