Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wanting to insert a crocheted pattern (motif?) on to a plain t-shirt, does anyone have any ideas how to? To explain further, it would be along the top front, back and across the sholder forming a cap sleeve. I got the picture in my mind I just don't know how to bring it tog.
Appreciate any suggestions :) Willy

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
(((((((( Thinkin'......You'd cut the T sleeve out, right? Leaving the seam.....

Hook in with a base row of SC all around then start making other rounds.....taller graduated up and down sktitches with give it a curve.......not sure here.....am thinking it would give you the cap you desire.

I crocheted onto cutoff jeans, long and capris, did a base row of SC then added a crochet puff stitch row. They're funky! I matched the yarn color to the material color but a contrasting color would perhaps be more apparent.

I did another pair, too and used a French not above one inch that I had frayed first = I like these best.
~~~~~
wsthom said:
I have been wanting to insert a crocheted pattern (motif?) on to a plain t-shirt, does anyone have any ideas how to? To explain further, it would be along the top front, back and across the sholder forming a cap sleeve. I got the picture in my mind I just don't know how to bring it tog.
Appreciate any suggestions :) Willy

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
'thank You' for all of your responses! The SC base sounds like a great start. I'm finishing up a couple of baby items right now so it might be a little while before I turn my attention. If you think of anything else let me know. Actually another thought I had was to crochet the motif first and then work it in. but agian I will have to just wing it at first :) Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom