Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I knitted my granddaughter an Afghan when she was born, using mainly the squares from The Great American Kid's Afghan but making up some squares of my own. One I did was a red jelly baby in a pocket. The afghan is in her bedroom and it was her Christening on Sunday so there were quite a few children running round including a 'just two' toddler who took a fancy to the jelly baby and carried it round with her all afternoon, crying when it was taken off her when she went home. So, as it was my knitting group this afternoon and I didn't want to take with me my almost finished 5ft chunky scarf, I cast on a pink jelly baby and finished it in group. I did the arms this evening and finished it off so here is Alice's jelly baby, and also a shot of the original which I'm sure Zoe hasn't even noticed yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
fshinbaum said:
That is so adorable! How did you go about doing the pocket??
I enjoy doing Intarsia so that's how I did the green on the pocket then cast off when I reached the top, I then just did a plain stocking stitch for the back which I joined into the main piece to replace the cast off stitches, sewing it down the back of the green. So much neater than sewing the pocket to the front of a plain knit square. I was going to put an envelope top on the pocket, but the jelly baby was too big, even though he's only 7" tall.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sam0767 said:
What a adorable little baby. Do you gave a pattern for her?
It's from Jean Greenhowe's Little Gift Dolls, I'll try and put a link on later, there are 18 different dolls to make from this basic pattern including a Superkid, a Bride & Groom and many more. Cute and so quick to knit.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
Those guys are just the cutest. I can see why she wouldn't want to part with it. Very nice and so nice of you to make her her very own "Jelly." Now she won't be jelly-ous! of the other one. Thanks for sharing and Happy Needling. jberg

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom