Registered
14,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
14,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are most welcome...:)

The church is in the mountains..Beautiful with stained glass windows and such....we helped build an outdoor ampitheater to use outdoors when weather permitted..

It is NON-demoniational as he puts it to just reach everyone..

I miss this "Little Brown Church in the WildWood"!..Does anyone remember that song?..My now deceased father used to sing it to me...very fond memories..

Grammax8 said:
Thank you for this posting...it is a blessing from him to you to us......once again thank you.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Beautiful insprirations Camilla, reminds me of the time my dad and I would sing in the car. We would sing songs like the old rugged cross, at the cross, nearer my heart to thee, and many more is favorite was in the Garden, mine too. I know they are old school songs but there is nothing like them to move the spirit. You are a treasure.

·
Registered
14,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How kind of you hon...

Speaking of "Old School Hymns"...do you remember "Little Brown Church in the Wildwood?"...my father sang that to me often....
Sweet memories...I LOVE and know all you mentioned...

Ciyona said:
Beautiful insprirations Camilla, reminds me of the time my dad and I would sing in the car. We would sing songs like the old rugged cross, at the cross, nearer my heart to thee, and many more is favorite was in the Garden, mine too. I know they are old school songs but there is nothing like them to move the spirit. You are a treasure.

·
Registered
14,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Beautiful..meaningful Hymn..
I sure miss the old Hymns sang out of older Hymn books...
Most churches today like modern music and handouts lol..

·
Registered
258 Posts
CamillaDesertMouse said:
Beautiful..meaningful Hymn..
I sure miss the old Hymns sang out of older Hymn books...
Most churches today like modern music and handouts lol..
Not my church. It's a conservative, pro-military, non-denominational church. We have an organ and a piano and (I swear) an operatically trained singer who does not get paid to sing. We sing traditional songs. If fact...I really want to take one of the hymn books home with me so I can learn the words and learn the music (I play violin when I'm home if my mom or no one else is at home. I don't like to practice when my dad's home because I want him to hear me play the music perfectly.)

My church does not ask for money, but for donations if you can afford it. You are not looked down on for not donating because others might not know that you have filed bankruptcy.

My parents filed bankruptcy about 10 years ago. Even though we started over, it is still hard to make ends meet. But when my mom and I would go to church, she would almost always give at least a dollar, maybe three.

The bankruptcy brought my parents closer rather than tear them apart. I think that if a couple can survive bankruptcy, then nothing can tear them apart. Especially if they believe.

My mom and I don't "go to" church now because 1) we would get sleepy because it was so relaxing, 2) we can't make it to the weekday services and 3) my mom is very busy and I'm in Huntsville (TX). BUT we order DVDs from the church to watch. I've started on the sermon The Life of Christ that started in November 2010 and is still on going and my mom was watched Lying Leaders.

The DVDs, MP3s and booklets are all free.

PM me if you would like the website to the church and to the ministries.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Hi Camilla, Just wanted to let you know that I got though my first week. Feeling better but tired a lot. I think I am going pull out my old Hymnal and go through the songs and see what I can remember about singing them. My voice has changed over the years I use to sing saprano but my mom's chuch put me with alto's and that really messed me up. Have a great day all.

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
CamillaDesertMouse said:
I miss this "Little Brown Church in the WildWood"!..Does anyone remember that song?..My now deceased father used to sing it to me...very fond memories..
Actually I went to a church in Alberta in the 40's made of logs and definitely was a "little brown church". Our organ was a foot pumper. We sang all the hymns mentioned.

·
Registered
14,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi hon...so happy you are doing better...an answer to prayer :)

I am NOT a religious zealot..because they seem to judge people..stand on street corners shouting at others..Bible thumping hypocrits IMHO...and God does NOT judge us as harshly as we judge others...

Having said that...I have a close relationship with God...I believe in the power of prayer...I am living proof of a miracle..after a 5 month stay in a hospital post surgery..I was in a coma for 3 months...kidneys shut down etc...doctors told my family to prepare for my death...well .....after so many prayers...one day I just woke up...demanded a bed pan...long/ short...doctors said with kidneys as bad as mine were there was no hope...mine started working again...a few doctors and nurses were in awe of the progress I made...and some even whispered to me ..thank God...

When I ask my dear hubby to pray for me or someone...he always says, "done deal" ..he has such a strong faith in God..it amazes me.

You will sing again hon..sing from your heart like NO one else is listening..because God is :)

Hugs and God Bless you,

Camilla

Ciyona said:
Hi Camilla, Just wanted to let you know that I got though my first week. Feeling better but tired a lot. I think I am going pull out my old Hymnal and go through the songs and see what I can remember about singing them. My voice has changed over the years I use to sing saprano but my mom's chuch put me with alto's and that really messed me up. Have a great day all.

·
Registered
14,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Such wonderful memories ...
Thanks for sharing that Arlene.

Hugs and God Bless you,

Camilla

arlenecc said:
CamillaDesertMouse said:
Actually I went to a church in Alberta in the 40's made of logs and definitely was a "little brown church". Our organ was a foot pumper. We sang all the hymns mentioned.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom