Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) Hi, I'm new here and would like to know how to enlarge patterns . I knit for fashion dolls and I read somewhere that all you had to do is use a larger needle or crochet hook depending on the pattern. Is this a true statement, IF not how do you go about it.
Thank you in advance,
Ryannaknits, ln Los Angeles

·
Registered
11,389 Posts
using a larger hook/needles will only increase size slightly and will undoubtedly create a looser weave. I use a percentage method of increasing the size of a pattern, figuring out by percentage how much larger I need and item. Then I calculate that into stitches and rows.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
(((((( Using larger needles will help some and depends how much larger you want to go. I surfed and found:

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&q=enlarging+knit+doll+patterns&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=f&oq=&psj=1&bav=on.2,or.&fp=ee7ae51cefa9981c
Maybe there's something in there that would help you!

Good luck!
~~~~~

ryannaknits said:
:) Hi, I'm new here and would like to know how to enlarge patterns . I knit for fashion dolls and I read somewhere that all you had to do is use a larger needle or crochet hook depending on the pattern. Is this a true statement, IF not how do you go about it.
Thank you in advance,
Ryannaknits, ln Los Angeles

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom