Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a free pattern from Ravelry & he is adorable. I am an experienced knitter but have had multiple problems with this pattern for the poncho (shirt). The back was confusing but I got it ok. On to the front....work as given for back until 41 sts rem, ending with a p row. Ok so far.....Next row K1,skpo, k6, m1, k1, turn, leaving rem sts on a spare needle. (10 sts right?) Next row P to end. Next row K1, skpo, k6 times, ending with a k row. OK. Leave these 10 sts on a spare needle. WITH RIGHT SIDE FACING, REJOIN YARN TO REM STS, K1, SKPO, K15, K2 TOG, K1, TURN, LEAVE REM STS ON SPARE NEEDLE. Next row P to end. Next row K1, skpo, kto last 3 sts, k2 tog, k1. Rep the last 2 rows 6 times, ending with a k row. Leae these 5 sts on a spare needle. NOW, the way I worked it I have a "strap" of 10 sts, a separate section (which might be viewed as the center front) but then there are the 10 unworked sts. Going forward: Left armband (note nothing about the 10 sts) With right side facing, starting at top of left side, using US2 needles and C, pick up and k 23 sts round armhole. Beg with a p row, work 3 rows rev st st. Cast off. With right side facing rejoin yarn to rem sts, k1, m1, k to last 3 sts, k2 tog, k1. Next row: P to end. Next row K1, m1, k to last 3 sts, k2 tog, k1. Rep the last 2 rows 6 times, ending with a k row.
Right armband: with right side facing, starting at top of centre front, using US2 needles and C, pick up and k 23 sts round armhole. Beg with p row, work 3 rows rev st st. Cast off. Joint row: With wrong side facing, P10 from right front, 5 from centre front, then 10 from left front. 25 sts. Next row K1, skpo, k to last 3 sts, k2 tog, k1. 23 sts. Using B work 5 rows. Cast off.

To finish: join side seams and row ends of armbands, allowing them to roll onto right side.

I have read & reread....I thing I'm over thinking. Do I create armholes only on the front & then sew up the entire side length of top? Maybe to allow for the arms being on the front rather than truly on the side?

I also looked for errata, checked here for previous posts & didn't find anything. If someone could explain and/or rewrite more clearly for me I would totally appreciate it. Having brain freeze????Maybe.

·
Registered
18,232 Posts
Just noticed that you haven't gotten any replies.... maybe because this section?
If you post it in main (you'll have to copy it in to a new one) and make sure you say something about needing help in the title....
You might also try to contact the designer or some of the others who have made this project.....

Here's the link for others to help http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/erik-easter-bunny

·
Registered
25,221 Posts
knit4ES said:
Just noticed that you haven't gotten any replies.... maybe because this section?
If you post it in main (you'll have to copy it in to a new one) and make sure you say something about needing help in the title....
You might also try to contact the designer or some of the others who have made this project.....

Here's the link for others to help http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/erik-easter-bunny
knit4ES, nice of you to pick up on this forlorn (misplaced) post. I love it when folks are kind to one another.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom