Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For years I told my Brother to have an eye test,But he kept buying those cheap glasses, he said he kept losing Glasses,So easyer to buy those,
He did go for a test,and yesterday he had Laser for glaucomer,on his right eye,he has lost most of the sight in that eye,
I just wish he had a test years ago,

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Things can go wrong so quickly. I was due for an eye test untill late this year but a few months ago I went as having to close one eye when reading otherwise the print was blurred. Turns out I have a catteract on my right eye, now have a hospital appointment in early September..so goes to show we should not put things off as much as we do not like them or the cost, what price is your eye sight? :sm16:

·
Registered
29,387 Posts
It's a wonder he didn't have a lot of pain and blurred vision. I did and was misdiagnosed with migraine when it was acute narrow angle glaucoma. I hope things work out for him.

·
Registered
25,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rujam said:
It's a wonder he didn't have a lot of pain and blurred vision. I did and was misdiagnosed with migraine when it was acute narrow angle glaucoma. I hope things work out for him.
He has been having treatment for it for a couple of years,When he was working he had to do lots of reading and writing reports,He is an Educationally Psychologist,Always looked after his health, still goes to a health club,walks around a large lake near his home every day,

·
Registered
31,678 Posts
Men can really be stubborn. I have worn glasses since I was a child and I am now 73. The most important part of the eye test was the check for glaucoma. They used to do the test by a "puff" of air at the eye. Now, with the new technology, there is no longer that puff of air and you do not feel the test any more. If you catch glaucoma early, it can be fixed. They told me that at a young age and I always felt it was very important to get that test. I had cataract surgery a few years ago on my left eye. They are still monitoring my right eye which has a mild to moderate cataract and not bad enough for surgery yet. My DH and I both go in once a year for our eye tests.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom