Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
41,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is cold here in Texas this week-end so I'm staying in and sharing pictures that should have been up at Christmas! The green hair bows were done for GD's drill team buddies, since her squad is named "Emeralds". The picture is too dark as they are really a lovey emerald green. The white flower was a request from the other GD.

I made these wristlettes for a friend who broke her wrist and has a metal plate. These are extra warm and still let her walk the dog and control the leash...

The green bowtie scarf is meant for a friend, but has not made it into the post..... I loved the color and the yarn but it was not the best choice for a lacey pattern. Still, it is nice and warm, the most important thing...

Attachments

·
Registered
10,319 Posts
Love everything especially the wristlets. Its gottten so cold here the past day or so we are wearing our fingerless gloves over our regular ones!

·
Registered
12,389 Posts
Oh my so nice the scarf looks very warm and the colors is great and the bows what a great idea the flower is very pretty do you wear the bows and the flower in your hair. Lovely work. thnx for sharing. Duh should have read the whole post hair bows yea. sorry. By the way the fingerless mittens are just so nice.

·
Premium Member
12,965 Posts
Hmmmmmmmm... I'm wondering what you are considering "cold" down there in Texas! ;) We're having sub-freezing temps and gusty winds here today in PA! Brrrrrrrrrr!!!! Had to drain the water pipes to the upstairs so they don't freeze. (Some genius routed them under the back porch years ago to move the washer & dryer out there, so now when it's cold and windy, they freeze. :( )

I really like those wristlettes!

·
Registered
41,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know we aren't as cold as PA, buy it is below freezing at night and hasn't warmed up much today. I don't even want to put on real clothes to go out to dinner. I'm a born Yankee and actually LIKE cold weather, but your blood thins out pretty quick... Besides, no pretty snow or ice palace to enjoy with the cold. We have a pipe problem too, when we get into the 10's and have to have water slowl running because every water pipe is an an outside wall.... and I even put a heater in the tile shower upstairs becaue the two roof lines create a wind tunnel that is soooooooo cold.... Glad you like the wristlettes. They were fun to do...

·
Registered
40,970 Posts
Everything is lovely...really nice work on the wristlettes and kind of you to help your friend out. I notice the extra detailing on the scarf and of course, the bows are pretty! I'm sure the girls loved them!!
Edie (EdithAnn)

·
Registered
362 Posts
Beautiful! Especially the wristlets. And boy could I use it all. Its been cold here too. Even with our wood stove burning. Right now its 14° outside. Wasnt much warmer than that toda and blowing snow all day.
Brrrrrrrrr
Tammy

·
Registered
448 Posts
Love the wristlets. I am in awe of anyone that can knit Fair Isle. Some day I will try. I also love the flower. It looks so delicate. The pretty scarf would also help on this cold Michigan morning. Nice work.

·
Registered
18,328 Posts
your work is excellent Jynx. I love the wristlets, very neatly done, and that flower is wonderful.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom