Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!
My name is Christine and live in Clarksville, TN. The Clarksville Montgomery School System has been my job for the last 26 years. Being new to the forum and have a question already is not a very good for a new person. Here it is. As a member of a local knitting group we are beginning a new project using the Fair Isle stitch. Unfortunatly I am one of those who need a step by step instruction and feel stupid to ask in my group. All of the other girlds are just wonderful knitters. Can you help me?

Christine :!:

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Good morning and welcome to the forum. We have super Fari Isle knitters here. Until they come on try U-Tube to the rescue! And no one will know how many times you hit the replay button before the light dawns.
Go to Google and type in 'fair isle stitch video.' Watch them all and try to knit along if you can. Also Google fair isle stitch patterns, knitting, and crochet. The more you learn about it the easier the skill will come.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hey, what a wonderful new project. Don't forget, as you learn, that you are not restricted to the traditional Scandinavian patterns. Once you get the technique under your belt, you can do more modern patterns, and even experiment with one of my favorites: make a pillow top for your sofa using quilting block patterns, except use the fair isle technique to make the individual parts of the blocks. It's great fun, and the results can be stunning if you choose your favorite colors to work with.

·
Registered
776 Posts
just remember to make sure you don't knit too tightly or pull the loops you carry over to the next pattern set too tightly or your work will ruck up . I use pieces of card to wrap the yarn round in small balls so you dont have a tangle. watch you tube for technique. you will love the results and be so proud of yourself By the way I'm a Christine as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom