Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am somewhat of a beginner and I am looking for a fairly easy but nice looking mans scarf. Someone gave me a pattern for a Mens seed stitch cabled scarf but I am finding it to complicated to follow. I can barely see the different stitches so when I am unsure of myself I cannot even read the stitches I just did. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks Joan

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
hoodedmaiden60 said:
i did one for a coworker that i found on lion brand.. was a knit 3, purl one with a stitch left over (k) it turned out quite manly:) Hope u could understand that ..lol
This is actually my pattern of choice nowadays--simple, but looks so good. No rows to remember either. The scarfs are perfectly suitable for a man.

·
Registered
27,104 Posts
If you are using a dark yarn it will make it harder to see the stitches. Perhaps that is why you cannot see the stitches. Just a thought. jinx

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Cast on an uneven number of stitches
knit 2, purl 2 across the row; the last stitch should be a purl
knit 2, purl 2 " " "
Continue like this to the end.
That is all that is needed for a very nice pattern.
I think it is called Brioche.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom