·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
(((((((( Hmmm....does it matter...?.....well, whatcha making, please? How many stitches in your pattern? Please answer questions and your pattern. TY!!

The reason I snagged the pattern was because it reminded me of a strip afghan pattern I lost in 1970!! LOL!! I surfed and didn't know the right wording I guess, didn't check my stitch books or online.......

I'm going to revamp the pattern for a 29 st wide strip (scarf like) but NOT make a scarf (I think! LOL!)) and really want to put it into an afghan, but here's what I'd do:

Five strips wide x 29 = CO 145 stitches (circular needle), place markers every 29th stitch and knit it together. No seaming required! LOL!!

I might just use the existing pattern as is, perhaps use yours, perhaps not make an afghan and just do a scarf! LOL!!

Donna Rae )))))))))
grammagwen217 said:
Donna Rae, I have a pattern for the Feather and Fan that has you knitting 2tog 6 times instead of 3 times. What will the design look like? Does it matter?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I suspet your pattern starts out with k2tog 3 times, then has a (yo, k1)6 times, then has another k2tog 3 times, so there is actually 6 k2tog's in all before each repeat. That way, the pattern begins and ends with k2tog on each end of the row. That's pretty standard. though I have seen variations.

·
Registered
177 Posts
That's a really pretty color choice. I made a afghan for a friend of mine using winter white, mauve, and a soft shade of green in narrow bands that was really lovely, too. I was afraid wide stripes would turn out looking like it was done by Omar the Tent Maker, but I see that setting the wide stripes off with narrow white stripes works quite well.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'm making an afghan for my grandson of his school colors. Cast on 174 stitches. K6, k2tog 3X,* (yo knit 1 6X, k2tog 6X) repeat to the last 12 stitches*. k2tog 3X, K6. I've just started, so can tink if need be. I was just wondering if the directions were correct or not. Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom