Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
Discussion starter · #3 ·
(((((((( Hmmm....does it matter...?.....well, whatcha making, please? How many stitches in your pattern? Please answer questions and your pattern. TY!!

The reason I snagged the pattern was because it reminded me of a strip afghan pattern I lost in 1970!! LOL!! I surfed and didn't know the right wording I guess, didn't check my stitch books or online.......

I'm going to revamp the pattern for a 29 st wide strip (scarf like) but NOT make a scarf (I think! LOL!)) and really want to put it into an afghan, but here's what I'd do:

Five strips wide x 29 = CO 145 stitches (circular needle), place markers every 29th stitch and knit it together. No seaming required! LOL!!

I might just use the existing pattern as is, perhaps use yours, perhaps not make an afghan and just do a scarf! LOL!!

Donna Rae )))))))))
grammagwen217 said:
Donna Rae, I have a pattern for the Feather and Fan that has you knitting 2tog 6 times instead of 3 times. What will the design look like? Does it matter?

I suspet your pattern starts out with k2tog 3 times, then has a (yo, k1)6 times, then has another k2tog 3 times, so there is actually 6 k2tog's in all before each repeat. That way, the pattern begins and ends with k2tog on each end of the row. That's pretty standard. though I have seen variations.

That's a really pretty color choice. I made a afghan for a friend of mine using winter white, mauve, and a soft shade of green in narrow bands that was really lovely, too. I was afraid wide stripes would turn out looking like it was done by Omar the Tent Maker, but I see that setting the wide stripes off with narrow white stripes works quite well.

I'm making an afghan for my grandson of his school colors. Cast on 174 stitches. K6, k2tog 3X,* (yo knit 1 6X, k2tog 6X) repeat to the last 12 stitches*. k2tog 3X, K6. I've just started, so can tink if need be. I was just wondering if the directions were correct or not. Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom