Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like to make this sweater. I am wondering if it could be made with Macho Alpaca yarn which is 25% Alpaca ,35% wool & 25% acrylic? It normally seems to be made with MERINO WOOL.Would a sweater made of this drape properly. Your experience & advice would be helpful. Thank You

· Super Moderator
Name on Ravelry: JessicaJean, no hyphen, no space.
90,506 Posts
marilyngf said:
please give us a link to the pattern. This would help to get the answers you are looking for
On my computer, I highlighted the title of this topic, right-clicked, got a menu with 'search for ...... on Google', clicked on that, and found this Ravelry listing at the top of the list: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/february-lady-sweater

Not hard to find at all.

· Super Moderator
Name on Ravelry: JessicaJean, no hyphen, no space.
90,506 Posts
landmansmom said:
Would like to make this sweater. I am wondering if it could be made with Macho Alpaca yarn which is 25% Alpaca ,35% wool & 25% acrylic? It normally seems to be made with MERINO WOOL.Would a sweater made of this drape properly. Your experience & advice would be helpful. Thank You
Well, I don't know where you get the idea that it's 'normally made with merino wool', because the first three (of over thirteen THOUSAND+) projects were wool or linen or cotton. I'm guessing just about any fibre would work.

· Banned
13,778 Posts
Colorado knits said:
I've made that sweater; it's a fun project.

All you need to concern yourself with is getting the correct gauge, which applies to every project.
I agree. I have also made this sweater. I think the yarn you have in mind would be lovely! A great pattern that works up very well.

· Registered
396 Posts
I have this sweater. A friend started it for herself and found it would be to small for her and gave it to me to finish(when you are done rolling on the floor laughing, we will continue). It is in Lion Brand Wool-Ease....and it is lovely as much as is done.

· Registered
833 Posts
when i look at a pattern on ravelry i look at the "yarn ideas" .... and the projects in yarns that seem similar to what i have in mind.... to me this is one of the most helpful aspects of ravelry.... you can see how this pattern has turned out in a variety of fibres compared to often magazine quality pictures with the pattern themselves... thes epics can be pretty deceptive and the project pics represent a swath of reality lol

· Registered
5,012 Posts
I also made this sweater and used a washable wool. I love this sweater. Did a lot of frogging, never done lace before. USE A LOT OF MARKERS!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom