Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although, I have made several sweaters, caps and blankets, My favorite thing is making scarfs because I can finish the project fast and then I give them to friends and family as gifts. It is almost a mindless project since there is not much counting. Here are some of my latest.

Attachments

·
Registered
494 Posts
Awesome work!
Can you share the patterns or tell me where to look for them for the pink scarf and the red and white scarf?
Did you just modify a pattern for the neck area of the pink one?
Those are some really cool scarves.
Carol L.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Beautiful! I, too, love scarves! I have been looking for just the right one to make for my daughter... I LOVE the red and white one....what stitches did you use, or could you share the pattern?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I love the red and white scarf...Have a couple of grandsons that would love them with their school colors. Would love to have the pattern if you are sharing......Let me know if you will give me the pattern, either through this website or by e-mail....Thanks, and keep knitting those scarves. I love doing them also....Nenepat

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Great scarfs....I also LOVE the red and white one!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I do not have a specific pattern for the pink scarf. The picture is clear that you can see what I did. It is all garter stich. When I got to a point where I thought it will be the neckline I decreased every other row on the inside about 5 or 6 times. It depends on the thickness of the yarn. I knitted around the neck and then I increased to get to the original size. What you do not see in the picture is that the 2 ends of the scarf are V shape. I started with one stich and increases both side every row until i goy to the desired width. At the end I decreased to get to one stich. I also put a fringe.
The red scarf is made with red and white BERNAT Softee Chunky yarn. It took about 3 skeins, 2 red and 1 white.
I made up the pattern. As you see in the picture, there is a border of garter stich. Take a piece of paper and design your own making blocks of different stiches. Do not forget in the middle of the scarf to reverse the desing so it will look the same on both sides (Left to right)
In this one i did one block of knit one row, purl one row. The next block is a stich I found in a book. It has no name but here is the pattern:
Multiple of 2.
Row1 Knit
Row 2 Purl
Row 3 K 2 tog across row
Row 4 *K1, k the horizontal bar before next stich, repeat from * across row
Repeat Rows 1-4 for pattern stich.

I hope this was helpfull, I want to see you projects!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Beautiful scarves. I was in Joanne's recently and saw a lady with a whole shopping cart full of various colored skeins. We started talking and she said that she knits scarves and donates them to our homeless shelter, said that she had made over 120 so far this year. Knitters are so friendly. I nearly always get into a conversation with a fellow knitter while shopping for yarn.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Beautiful scarves. In the instructions for the red and white scarf, what do
you mean by horizontal bar in row 4? I've knitted a long time but never
came across the expression"horizontal bar". Thanks. Good luck on locating
the stretchy yarn you are looking for. Wish I had some to share with you!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom