Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3, all girls. Boy is my boyfriend outnumbered! lol
Oldest is Zoe' Elisabeth - she's 11.
Next is my "sped" kitty, Bindi Lu - she's deaf and diabetic, and only 8! Was deaf when we got her at 8 weeks (or so), the diabetes started a couple years ago now. This will sound weird - but if if had to be one of the 3, she's the one we'd have picked... easiest to deal with, and couldn't care less that she has to get stuck 2 times a day with a needle.
The youngest is Ms. Wigglesworth - Wiggles for short. She's about 6 years old, and weighs about 19 lbs. No, she's not really overweight - we think she's at least part maine ****. She's certainly big enough to be - and definitely acts dog-like just like a **** is supposed to. We swear she had to have been a golden retriever in another life! VERY VERY attached to her daddy and I - runs whenever anyone else comes in the house. Go figure...lol

All 3 were rescues from shelters - Zoe from a different one than the other 2. They all have their little personalities and quirks, but they are our babies.

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
They are beautiful. The picture I posted earlier of Sofie was taken at the breeders before she evern came home. As I said in the other message she is a Siberian. They are even more dog like than a Maine **** and they are also hypolergenic. They get as larger if not larger than the Maine ****. I have more recent pictures of her at home, I'll post one later.

Her best buddy is Min (the Sheltie) they play chase & hide-n-seek all over the house. They were playing chase one morning and she leaped from the arm of the sofa onto the coffee table, landed on the table runner and cleared the coffee table of everthing that was there. She just sat there in the rubble and looked at me as if to say "What just happened" Thankfully I have nice soft thick cushy carpet. It could have been a disaser........She just flops down in the middle of the room and goes to sleep like a dog. Greets me at the door, comes when she is called, follows me where ever I go (even the bathroom), gives me kitty kisses (gets up on me, gets in my face and bumps her little muzzle to my lips or chin), loves to eat steamed veggies, broccoli & carrots are her favorite, she eats dill pickle and oatmeal. Never had a cat before that would eat anything. She is just amazing.

I did have a horrible time with her at first with my yarn, but now she pretty much leaves it alone. She got into it one morning while I was in the shower.....there was yarn strung all over the livingroom across the foyer, up the stairs, down the hall, into my bedroom uner the bed and back down stairs again. IT WAS A MESS....

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OMG...Sophie is ADORABLE! Looks like she might have a bit of "devil" in her too... lol Betting she's got lots of energy and keeps you and the dogs on your toes!

And btw, thank you for the compliments on my 3. :)

Now I'm wondering though... Sophie looks an awful lot like my Wiggles! I wonder if we've been wrong about what Wiggles is! We could be - the shelter was. lol They had her listed as a "domestic short hair"... nothing about her fur is short. :) Zoe was listed that way as well - and she's got longer fur also. But she's tiny - weighs in around 8 or 9 lbs.
You said Sophie's breed is hypo-allergenic? Hmm...I wonder... wish I had the $ to have her tested to see what she is for sure! I'm "technically" (don't tell my cats this...lol) allergic to cats - had testing done and the doctor actually asked if I had cats. When I said I did, he said "well, you have two choices - and I'm going to suggest the first", then went on to suggest I take my allergy medicine and keep the cats. Lucky for me I got one who was a cat person! Other option was get rid of the cats and there was no way that was going to happen. We decided that if it got to the point where I was having too much trouble with just the pills I'd happily elect for shots. It hasn't gotten to that point, and I actually don't even take the medicine either... it got too expensive and I kept forgetting anyway. I think I got used to the cats.
I went through about a month of misery (not as bad as it could have been) when we got Bindi, but Wiggles didn't seem to bother me - and she was constantly in my face begging for attention (still is..lol).

Ok, now my brain is on overload... off to pick up the student I drive and knit while I'm waiting. :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Squirrelcat, I am also alergic to slightly alergic to cats, and it got/gets worse as I get older. I tollerated Shelby pretty well, because I bathed her at least 3 times a year. I'd load up on the meds and just do it. But I haven't had the least sign of an allergy with Sofie.

Siberians are quite similar in appearance to Maine *****, and you are right Siberians are a bit costly because they haven't become wildly popular yet, so their bloodlines have been pretty good with not crossbreeding. I can trace my Sofie's back for 6 generations, right back to Russia. I thoroughly researched the breed. Then when I decided that was the breed I wanted, I had to do some mega searching to find a reputable breeder within driving range. Sure, you could find Siberians all over the internet for sale and they would ship/fly them to you, but I just couldn't do that. and with somewhat reasonable price tags (for lack of better terminology). Even then Sofie was EXPENSIVE..... Worth it obviously...............so far everthing I read about their traits and personalities has been true. :D :-D :)

The chance that your baby is a Siberian is probably mighty slim. I don't have any idea what it would cost or how you would go about getting her tested, your vetrenarian would probably know.

·
Registered
367 Posts
My furbaby is my all black kitty,Felix. As he ages, his whiskers are turning white, and he has some white flecks in his coat.
In his younger days, he meowed maybe once a month. NOW, he has gotten very vocal. He stars in our answering machine messages, and "talks" to friends on the phone, when I was the one doing the talking.Here is an idea for folks who have more yarn leftovers. . . I make kitty blankets to give to our vet, and to our shelter. They don't have to be big--visualize a "cat-sized" piece. I have made them for the vet to give out when a rescue cat/kitten is adopted, as a security blanket for the kitty. I like to use varigated yarns in bright colors, sometimes thrift shops have odds and ends that work well. If you haven't guessed by now, I am a passionate animal lover. ==^-^== (Please be kind to ALL animals!) Carol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom